Chapter 2

Hey guys so before I write this chapter I wanted to tell you all thanks for 11 reads already over night it doesn't sound like a lot but for me it is especially that I just started it and my other 2 books didn't get that many reads right away :) check them out if you want to by the way and yea ill update when I can 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake and I were sitting under an oak tree not too far away from the house. He was sitting his back against it and I was lying down looking up at the stars. Perfect moment if we were mated. But he rejected me, he ruined everything for me.

"So are you going to explain or what" I don't mean to be so harsh it's just he rejected me as his mate. I've been wanting a mate since before I can remember and when I finally find mine he rejects me right on the spot and just leaves me standing there.

"Look I know what I did was wrong and mean but I have a good reason to why I did it"

"Ok so tell me that reason"

"When I was younger one of my older brothers friend had his mate killed right in front of him. 2 days later he committed suicide because the pain and loss was unbearable to him. I got so scared to when I find my mate for that to happen to her and have through go through that pain so I promised myself I would try not to find her" He looked down at me to make sure I was still listening before continuing. "Then when I did find you two years ago I was so happy but then all that came flooding back to me so I had to reject you. But Brittany that was the worst thing I could've done I tried so hard to avoid that pain but that's exactly what I did. Every night I would wish you were in my arms but I could've had that but I chose not to. I'm so sorry for that can you forgive me?"

So he rejected me because he didn't want pain but instead that's what he got himself??

I would wish all the time I was in his arms I still do but is that a good reason to forgive him for all the pain he's caused me??

I looked up to him and saw the hope he had in his eyes.

"Forgive him" my wolf moaned.

"I will but i wont be with him right away"

She whimpered but didn't object me.

"I forgive you Jake I just" I looked down at the wet grass beneath me, I took in a deep breath. Here we go... "I just don't know if I can be with you right away. You ruined so much for me. You have no idea how much pain you brought to me and I'm not sure I can trust you"

"I understand perfectly Brit just please give me a chance at least let me be your friend and then see if you want to be with me" he wasn't fooling me I could hear the hurt behind his voice.

I knew I would fall for him sooner or later. We're destined to be together or at least were or still are I don't know all i do know is that I will fall for him. When?? That's what I don't know.

"Fine"

He tackled me in a hug which took me completely off guard but I hugged him back right away. My wolf howled with joy and for once I felt........safe.

The sparks shooting up my body were incredible. I've never felt this before and it was.........really nice.

"You know I haven't been with anyone in 2 years"

I fake gasped. "What?!? Sluts threw themselves at you and you *dramatic pause* objected"

He chuckled at my dramaticness (is that even a word haha) "Yes it didn't feel right" he looked me straight in the eye "it wasn't you"