Rejected (A Werewolf Story)

I watched my beautiful mate under the moon light. Jake Moon the most popular boy in my school.

"Jake your my mate"

"Yea but I Jake Moon reject you Brittany Carter as my mate"

Everything happened so fast one moment I was the happiest girl alive the next I was the saddest. I felt the tears threatening to spill as the mate bond between us started to fade. I tried to ask why but no noise would come out. He just walked away leaving me there alone. Mateless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up crying from my recurring dream since that night. My 16th birthday 2 years ago. The day I shifted for the first time. The day I found my mate. But the day he also rejected me.

I looked over to my clock which read 4am. I tried to fall back asleep but it wouldn't come.

My wolf was still in pain and I couldn't do anything. She wouldn't talk to me that much anymore. Even when I begged her too.

I decided to take an early morning run.

I got out of bed and walked down the stairs to the backdoor in my cabin.

I opened the door and the cool London air hit me relaxing all my muscles. My cabin was located in the woods but still in Lightening Pack territory. Which belongs to my father John Carter.

I hid behind a tree and stripped of my clothes tying them around my ankle to spare them any harm.

My bones began to crack into place soon I was in 4 paws. I'm not going to lie when I first shifted it was an excruciating pain.

My wolf is taller than a normal female wolf since I'm the daughter of an alpha. My fur is the colour of snow with piercing blue eyes just like my human form where I'm blonde and blue eyed as well.

I took off North letting my wolf take control but she stopped and ran south leaving the border. I began to panic since I'm not allowed to cross borders without being considered a rogue but my wolf didn't stop until the pack house was seen.

A big black wolf exited and growled at me. I lowered my head showing no harm. 3 others wolf came out and were about to attack me but they stopped suddenly. I'm guessing he called them off through their mind link.

A male exited the house in human form of course to be able to communicate with me.

"Shift Rogue" He ordered.

I did as said and shifted not really caring that I'm naked but I dressed immediately.

"Why did you enter my territory I could kill you if I wish" One of the wolfs winced when he said that.

"I'm no rogue I'm daughter of Alpha John from the Lightning Pack. I don't exactly know why I came here I just let my wolf take control and she led me here"

"Is your mate part of my pack"

"No alpha I was rejected 2 years ago by Jake Moon so I'm mateless"

The alphas expression softened even more when I said that.

"Jake shift" he ordered in alpha tone.

Soon the green eyed brown wolf shifted who was also the one that winced when the alpha said he could kill me.

I looked up to the now human person and was shocked to see Jake Moon standing there. My mate who rejected me.

I snarled at him but he just walked closer to me once he put sweat pants on.

"Brittany I'm so sorry I rejected you let me explain"

"WHY SHOULD I" I growled at him trying my best to control my wolf who was begging to have control again. "You've caused me non stop pain for two years since you rejected me so tell me why I should let you explain to me"

"I know you have no reason to let me explain but please it's all I beg off you"

My wolf whimpered at his plead and I couldn't help but feel sorry for her but I can't let him off that easy.

"I'm sorry but I can't let him off that easy ill let him explain but he needs to earn my apology" I told her in my head.

"Ok just don't be too harsh on him" she replied for the first time in almost 2 years.

"Fine but I won't guarantee i'll forgive you"

"Thank you and I honestly don't deserve your time so I'm forever grateful"

The alpha ordered everyone inside giving Jake and I privacy.

What made me give Jake the time to explain to me?? The fact that he's my wolfs mate and I do love him. Will I forgive him?? That depends.

One thing I do know for a fact is.

Not finding your mate hurts but Rejection from your mate kills.