Chapter Twelve

Ashley's POV

I wake to the sound of my alarm going off and swipe to turn it off. Dragging myself out of bed, I stand to my feet, and throw a stuffed animal at Julian who was passed out in his bed. He moves, but doesn't wake up and I roll my eyes. Thinking that he has to wait to shower anyways, I grab my clothes and head to the shower.

"Julian, wake up." I speak softly, he groans and rolls back over, his bare back facing me.

"No..." He murmurs and I glare at him.

"Get up Julian. You are going to school with me today, whether you want to or not." I speak with a strict tone, he turns his head and smirks.

"What if I don't?" His voice deep and scratchy.

"I don't think you want to find out." I stand straight and cross my arms, standing my ground this time. A chuckle slips from his lips and he turns back around, facing the wall.

"Fine, you don't think I will do something? Well you're in for a big surprise." I narrow my eyes and him and he doesn't move a muscle.

...

I smirk with the spray bottle in my hand. Grabbing his blanket, I throw it off and spray his back with cold water, he shoots up, angry with me.

"The hell Ashley?" He yells.

"Next time, you should take me seriously." I stand straight, even though Julian towers over my short frame. He reaches for the bottle and I move it out of his grasp before he can grab it, I move as quickly as I can with a cast on my foot, but my attempt quickly fails when he catches up and grabs the bottle from my hand. I let out a laugh and he begins to spray me with it.

"Stop it!" I push his chest away, but he doesn't move, he just laughs.

"Okay, okay!" I yell and he stops using my weapon against me.

"Don't mess with me, kid." He looks down and I look up at him.

"Yeah yeah yeah," I start off towards the kitchen ,"But I got you up didn't I?" A smile on my face as I go to get breakfast.

Julian's POV

I shook my head and watched her small frame walk down the hallway. She's so cute, I laugh and go get my clothes to take a shower myself.

Walking out of the bathroom, I hear Ashley's voice carry down the hall.

"Hurry up Julian! You have ten minutes until Max is picking us up." I go back into the mirror and fix my hair to look like it normally does and find my shoes.

"Ready..." I look at her all dressed for school. A maroon shirt with a long overtop and black leggings, her long hair was put into a braid that fell perfectly over her shoulder, I watch as she gives me a skeptical look.

"Julian..."

"What?"

"Aren't you forgetting something?" She points to her backpack resting on one shoulder and I smile.

"No, I don't think so."

"Yeah yeah, go get your backpack crazy." She shakes her head and I pick up the backpack that her dad got me and open my arms, seeing if it was enough to please her.

"Much better." She smiles and opens the door to where Max was waiting for us in the driveway. I shut the door behind us and help her down the stairs, then letting her walk the rest of the time.

After getting into the car, Max drives down the dirt road and I can already tell this trip is going to feel way too long.

...