Chapter 3

Ryan's POV

I was caught off guard by Carter's looks. Sure I've seen him a few times in magazines and on TV, but its different in person. From last time I seen him his sandy blond hair has turns to a few different shades of blonde. His blue/grey eys and his built ( but not too built) body was not really what I was excepting. I was also not excepting him to call me hot. I was shock, but then he had to poke fun of my friggin nose.

" Ass." I mutter as I stomped to my room. He has some nerve. But my mom was right, some things never change. He stillsame old Carter. OK, maybe not exactly the same. More ignorant, arrogant, and hot.

WOHHH- Hold the phone! I didn't not just think Carter Lanning as hot!

OK so I did and there is no denying he isn't but does mean I like him. Thats for damn sure.

I open my room door and through myself on my bed. I still can't believe he is going to be here for the whole summer.

The surprise from my cell ringing made my jump and fall off my bed.

" Hello." I said, my voice gruff from trying to recover from my fall.

" Ry!" said a familiar voice form the other end.

" Hey, Hal. You sound excited." So my best friends, Haily, always sounds excited. She freaks over the smallest things and is hyper. Some find it annoying but thats one of the reasons I love her.

" Duh! Didn't you hear about the party at Trent this Friday night." Yes I have. It is Wendays and everyone was talking about it Monday, which was out last day of school. And Trent just so happens to be in my rothers grade. Who I also have a crush on since the begining of the school year last year. I only got up the nerve to talk to him a few times.

" Yeah I did. Everyone did." Yeah I know I don't sound excited. Its just another oportunity for me to make a fool out of myself in front of him.

" Yeah and we are going! I can't wait."

" Hal, I'm not sure I want to go and my mom isn't even going to be home" My mom is gone a lot for work and in on business. It gives us freedom, but sometime sh gona long and I miss. But shes gotta do what shes gotta do.

" Of couse you are! You said if yourself, your moms gonna be gone so you know you'll beable to come and you know Jakes going to go." Jakes a huge partier and a man whore.

" Yeah and so will his friend, Caret."

" Carters in town!"

" Yeah." I know i can tell haily because she doesn't go all crazy about him. Yeah shes boy crazy and thinks hes hot, but shes know him when he was younge and doesn't get too fan girl crazy on him.

" Hes going to be here all summer, in my house."

" Cheer up, it gives you something to look at." Oh Haily.

" Yeah, but" I never got to finish my sentice because I heard a beep.

" I got another call coming in."

" K, text me after." We said our goodbyes and I fliped over.

" Hello." I siad note recanizing the number.

" Hey, Ryan." But I did recanize the voice.

" Hey, Trent." I'm pretty sure he could hear if from the other end.

" So I'm having this party Friday night and wanted to invite you personally. So can you come." His word made my insides melt.

" Sure! I mean I can try to make it." I couldn't just say no!

" Cool so aww." I didn't hear the rest because of the banging on my door.

" Ryan dinner time!" I hear Carter then saw him as he poked his head in.

" Sorry, I gotta go."

" No problem I 'll talk to you late."

" K bye, Trent."

" Bye." Damn I wish he would've said my name. Hanging up I looked at Carter.

" What?"

" Whos Trent." He said, saying Trents name in a dreamy voice, trying to mock me.

" First I don't sound ike that and second non your business." I said stomping by him and go down stairs. He always has to mock me or make fun of me some how.

Taking my seat next to mom, while Carter sat next to Jake, who was acrossed form me.

" So I'm leaving for business Friday." My mom said. Shocker there.

" How long?" Jake asked.

" About two weeks, but I'll be sure to call every night and let you guys know how its going and to check up on yous."

" OK then speaking of Friday, can Carter and I go to a party."

" And me!" I added in quyickly.

" No." Jake siad.

" Why!?"

" Because it Trent Deans party and your not going."

" Guys thats enough. You all can go but I want you home by at least 2am. I'll be calling the house at that time to meake sure." Mom said laying down the rules. " And no drinking while driving. If you do and stay at the house and call me on one of your cells."

After that it was all light conversations. While we all ate our dinner. Which was spagetti, my favorite.

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN!!!