Chapter 19

Chapter 19: But moving on from him is impossible when I still see it all in my head

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note: Haha, I'm back!! And I just wanna say I'm sooooo sorry for the wait and that I'm grateful for how many votes, reads, and readers I've gotten! Anyways, on with the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You want me to become... Become your wife?"I ask, my eyes widening at his words.

Alec nods. "Yes, I want you to become my wife. And as soon as possible too."He says.

"I... I..."I stutter, trying to find the words to say.

"I need to time to think about this."I finally say, before turning and running out of the room and to my own room.

I sit on my bed and start to think it over. If I say yes, I will become his in a... 'Louder', more proclaimed way.

Odds are The Volturi would throw a big wedding or ball and invite almost every vampire in the world.

That way, everyone would know of mine and Alec's love for each other.

But if I say no, then I'd just be his mate, if he still wanted me after saying no. What if he hates me for possibly saying no to his proposal?

What he already hates me for running out like I did?

A knock brings me out of my thoughts and for a second, I'm afraid to say anything, thinking it's Alec, coming to yell at me. I finally say, "Come in."

Not Alec, but Jane walks in. "Alec is worried about you."

I nod after sighing in relief at it just being her. "Honestly, I'm worried about myself, too."

"Why did you run out?"Jane asks as she sits by me on my bed.

"Because... Because it all felt so sudden!"I throw my hands up in the air and stand.

"I mean, I just got back and already he pops the question? God, I feel like I barely know what his freaking proposal means!"

"It means he loves you."Jane stands and walks over to me.

"And that he wants everyone to know it."She places her hand on my back and gives my back a soothing rub.

I smile and nod, her words calming me down. "Just give me a little bit more time to think."I tell her.

She nods and smiles a tiny bit.

"Understood. I'll be in the throne room if you need me."Jane walks out.

I sigh and go to the bathroom, taking a shower to hopefully relax my nerves.

My thoughts drift to Paul, and I quickly start think of what would've happened if we would have gotten married.

I shake my head, trying to move on. But moving on from him is impossible when I still see it all in my head!

I rub my hands over my eyes, Paul's face vanquishing from my mind. I sigh and step out of the shower, quickly getting dressed.

I finally realize; I've made my decision. I walk to the throne room, my heels clicking against the floor.

I open the big double doors and smile at Alec, ignoring everyone else in the room.

"Yes, I'll marry you."