Chapter 17

Chapter 17 : Remembering him comes in flashbacks and echoes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good job, Nessie!"I congratulate her as she wins the family ball game. 

I've been with the Cullens these past months, learning how to be a vegetarian. 

It's actually pretty easy if you're lucky enough to have some self control. 

I smile before we all pack up and leave the ball field, me being alone in my new car. I start to think about the past. 

It's been a year since I last saw Alec. He hasn't found me again. Most likely because my human scent is gone. 

I haven't been able to recover his scent yet. Carlisle says it's only a matter of time. 

But the longer I stay away from him, the more frustrated I get. The more I want him. The more I regret leaving.

I sigh as I pull up to the house. I get out and Edward looks at me. 

"Angel, everything will be okay."He says. 

"I know. Um, I'm gonna go hunt a little."I say, taking off before he even has time to reply. 

I'm able to catch a few deer and a rabbit. I wipe a little blood off my chin before I run back to the house. 

I go inside and up to my room, sitting on my bed. My eyes drift to the mirror. I sigh as I see I still have my red eyes. 

Carlisle said it would be at least a year before I get my golden eyes. 

I stand and go downstairs, sitting by Emmett on the couch. He wraps his arm around me and gives me a hug. 

"Hey sis."He smiles at me. 

Even though we aren't related, we as act as if we really are siblings. I laugh. 

"Hey bro."I say before he lets me go, keeping an arm around me. 

I watch a football game with him, even though I can't concentrate on it long enough to see what's going on.

After the game, I stand, walking outside soon after. I sit on the porch and sigh once more as I start to think of Alec.

Oh Alec. I don't remember a lot of things about him from my human life. 

Right now, remembering him comes in flashbacks and echoes. I have to live with that until I find him again.

I get up before going inside. I go up to my room and see a note on my bed. I open it and read it.

Dear Angel,

We are delighted to know that you are a now a vampire. Of course, we must check up on you. We will be there soon. 

~ The Volturi.

I gasp before running downstairs, showing everyone the note. 

"So that's why I had that vision."Alice says. 

"How did the letter get in my room?"I ask. 

"I found it in the mail so I put it on your bed since it was addressed to you."Renesmee says. 

I nod before Alice sighs. 

"They'll be here in two days."She says. 

"How do you know?"I ask. 

"Because that's right after the thundering stops."She tells me. 

I nod before going outside, laying on the porch. What a day. 

But, this means I can see Alec! And that's a good thing. I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stand by Edward as we way for the Volturi to arrive. We're in the clearing they used when the Volturi came because of Renesmee. 

I look at Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Bella, Nessie, Carlisle, and Esme. They all looked nervous and slightly scared. 

"You guys don't have to so this."I tell them. 

"We want to. You're family. And we protect our family."Esme says. 

I smile and nod slightly at her. 

"Thank you."I say before Nessie gasps. 

I look up and see the Volturi starting to arrive. Not the whole Volturi show up. 

Only Aro, Caius, Marcus, Alec, Jans, Demitri, and Felix. 
The rest of the Volturi must be guarding the castle and the wives.

Alec smiles slightly when he sees me. I can't help but smile back before Aro starts to talk. 

I loose my focus on Alec as I turn to Aro.

"Ah, Angel. It's been awhile, hasn't it?"He chuckles. 

"Too long, Aro."I shrug. 

He nods. 

"You sure did leave Alec in a difficult spot."He says. 

I nod. 

"And I'm sorry for that."I add onto my nod. 

"Well, Angel, it seems you're doing well. You look good and strong. But, I have a question... Do you want to come back with us or stay here?"He asks. 

I start to contemplate my options. 

On one hand, I can have Alec and friends but on the other I can have a big happy family. 

I sigh. I better be making the right choice here. 

"I choose..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ha ha! Cliffhanger! Well, comment and vote to find out what happens! XD