The Tour

Love is like a fire but whether it is going to warm your heart or burn your heart down,  you'll never know.

                   - Joan Crawford

  Georgia felt like crawling into a dark hole at that moment and never coming out again.

    What was she thinking? !

T
Thinking of something quickly she said," Betina you know I cant. I'm still helping you." She gave a nervous laugh.

    Betina shot her a look." Nonsense!  You are a guest here you should not be working. Besides it will be good for you. Were you not telling me earlier that you wished someone would take around the estate and I said I'll do it. But right now, I'm busy."

Kill me now!

Okay,  dont. I was just jocking.

Where was a distraction when you needed one.

She risked a glance at Ryan.

   He was still sitten on the kitchen stool staring at both of them with interests and... amusement?

   "You know, I have nothing left to do. And I really need that work. It just makes sense that yoi come along now. Wouldnt want to stresss Betina would we ?"

Georgia tried to come up with another excuse.
  She really tried but how could she when he was giving her one of those rare smiles. 

   Like the one he had given her at the. Office the day they had gone to Hephzy's.

Right now he didnt look like the big bad scary boss who got angry faster than the blink of an eye.

Before she knew it she was nodding and currently he was carrying her towards the left wing of his mansion.

"This is my office" he pointed a door," and this one over here is the library. " he pointed opposite.

She stared at another one of the msny doors doubting if she would remember a thing.

"Lets go outside.

He showed her the staff quaters which was probably a little bit smaller than her house, the stable where he had showed her his  own horse. "Ceaser." The horse was tall and dark just like its owner.

Then there was the garden, vineyard,  sports area that consisted of an olympic sized pool, , tennis court, basketball etc.

How many acres of land was this actually? !
She thought in surprise.

Finally they stopped at a lake. She took of her sandals sitting on the wooden deck and dipping her toe in to check the temperature before dipping her whole leg amd swinging it back and forth.

They both settled in a comfortable silence as she stared beyond the lake.

"Is it man made? " she asked referring to the lake.

He stared at her his former tired expression back on his face. "No. It came as bonus with the land.

    Not able to control her mouth she blurted out."What's wrong with you.?"

    Ryan was shocked. He didn't know his frustration. Guess he needed to talk to someone about. It.
  '?"you. "

"Me?! What did I do."

    Maybe he was tired of taking care of her.
But it hadnt been her idea to stay here.

"Well, not you exactly. Its the temporary p.a.

"Oh." She said not what to reply.

He sighed." She's so frustrating. And annoying.  She can't seem to do anything right.  She comes in late, gives me the wrong coffee, she sets up appointments wrongly, she cant even use a computer right."
He sighed again and stared at her" She's not you. "

Okay... ehat she supposed to say at this point.... sorry?

"Okkaaaay." She stares at the laje still speechless. 'I could come work gor you again. I mean im better now. I can ..."

"No. He cut her off.

"Then I can work from the house?"
"No."

"Come on! Its not like Clarence is going to dind me here. You have a lot of security in this house. Its not like-" once again she was cut off but not by his voice. No it was the thunderous look on his face. "Dont ever say hus name again."

"Sorry." She looked down.
"Hey, im sorry. Look fine you can work but in my offuce no where else."

"Thanks." Without thinking she jumped on him and hugged him making them fall 8nti the lake.