First Day At Work

©2015 BeCa2801

Verse of the day: we shall we then say to theses things? If God be for us who can be against us? Romans 8: 31

Georgia nodded once again at what the elderly woman was saying.

She did not mean to be rude but she knew everything - at least almost everything - the woman was saying and they had been going about this since she had resumed work this morning.

Ryan was at a meeting but obviously he did not see it necessary for a beginner like her to be in such a meeting- his exact words not hers . He had changed quite dramatically from the man she had seen yesterday. He barelyl said a word to her this morning...

"Miss Davis are you listening to me at all?"

"Um... yes. I mean no" she sighed." I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude by not paying attention, its just..." she stopped and stared down for a minute thinking of how to say what was worrying her.

Finally, she blurted out.

" Do you think Mr. McGrayson is having second thoughts about hiring." Without allowing the woman to reply she continued

" I mean, not that I don't believe in myself its just well I came to work early, I did everything right. Or do you guys have a dress code hear?" She gasped." Or wait I should have known that but you're wearing a black gown and the lady at the first floor is putting on pink?"

Will you shut up already

She thought

Mrs Smith grinned at her in amusement." Honey, its not you okay? He's just sad cause he lost a deal which is something he isn't used to."

"Ok"

"Oh and one more thing... you look cute when you babble ".

Georgia blushed and thanked God for her skin colour.

Ryan stormed out of the meeting room.

He was about to go into his office when he decided to get a cup of coffee .

. He walked over to the coffee machine in the hall only to find Georgia there getting a cup of coffee for herself.

" Georgia".

She jumped and then steadied her cup." Ohy goodness!" She screamed.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to startle you."

"Oh its alright." She brushed it off with a wave of her hand. "I f you wouldn't mind I could get your coffee for you. You look quite stressed ".

"Sure. Thanks. I'm sure Mrs. Smith has already briefed you in everything yes?".

She handed him his cup.

"Sure."

He stared at his cup. At the top there was a drawing of a smiling face .

"Thanks. Sure I need to go now." Im already late for church again. mom's gonna kill me." She muttered the last two parts to herself.

Ryan sat at the back of his car and thought about his new P.A. he was tempted to roll his eyes when she pretended to care.

Wasn't that what they all did just to get your money.

He thought bitterly.

Her church girl pretense isn't going to work on me.

He he couldn't help wondering if it was really pretense. She looked different from the rest of them.

Gold diggers didn't go out without make up or clothes that hid nothing from the eyes or their six inch heels and short skirts.

Sofia.

He quickly blocked that thought.

Ryan stepped into his house only to see the last person he expected.

" What are you doing here!!!".

Happy laughter day. Even I'm like a day late. I just going out about it yesterday. If you are still on the 3rd of may then I'm not late .

Who do ya all think it is. Comment vote follow read etc.

Thanks for the 30+ reads.

God bless you. Follow or comment to get a dedication. God bless.