Chapter Fifteen

After seeing to the fields and his laborers, Dorian returned inside, eager to wash the grime from his back. As he reached the top of the stairs, he paused to stare down at the end of the hall.

            Every fiber in his being urged him to go to her room and take what his body demanded. Curling his hands into fists at his side, he turned and stalked to his room. His eyes settled on the massive bed against the center wall and he felt a fierce groan of frustration surface to his throat. Vivid images of her lying in his bed rushed to taunt him, tease the struggling urges just beneath the surface of his feeble control.

            Mumbling a stream of curses beneath his breath, he tore off his tunic and cast it aside. He moved to his bed and flopped down onto the mattress and sank into a restless slumber.

            When he next awoke, there was a light tapping at his door. He stirred against the heavy grogginess and sat up; throwing his legs to the floor he cast an angry glare at the door.

             His heart jumped against his chest as the tapping continued. He thought for a moment Ginelle had come to him and he found himself at the door, opening it with an urgency that startled the woman on the other side.

            Immediate disappointment crossed his darkened face for the feminine body standing on the other side revealed voluptuous curves and striking red hair.

            “What are you doing here?” he growled as he stalked away from the door.

            Victoria’s blue eyes narrowed as she sauntered into the room, her wounded pride clear on her regal face. “Expecting someone else, mon amour?”

            She moved to discard her cloak and placed it across the sofa. She had specifically donned a gown of sparkling blue with a flattering neckline that accentuated her curves but she was keen to notice that Dorian did not appreciate or notice her efforts.

            Struggling to contain her fury, she moved to pour herself a glass of brandy. She held the glass between her fingers and studied Dorian’s muscular frame with a rapidly growing lust.       

            “You have not called upon me for some time.” Her voice purred as she took another long drag of brandy. “This wouldn’t be because of that blond nymph, would it?”

            Dorian leaned against the bed post, crossing his arms against his chest; he turned his head to study Victoria. At one point, he would have gladly accepted her charms but her voluptuous curves seemed to have no strong pull on his arousal. He wanted a female but it wasn’t the one standing across from him.

            He arched a black brow as he said with a little amusement in his tone, “Afraid of a little competition, Victoria?”

            He had considered her beautiful at one point but her jealousy and rage altered her face completely. “You think I find a spit of a girl challenging?” she slammed her glass down and moved towards him, swaying her hips with a clear indication that she wanted him.