Chapter Seven

If you're still reading, please comment and vote.

---------------------------------------------------

Lexi and Lance barely gave a second glance to Johnson and Aaron as they came in. The two continued giggling and making out. Aaron quickly rushed Johnson from what would probably soon be a baby-making session.

“Hey, are we going to your room?” asked Johnson quietly as they mounted the stairs. Aaron nodded, turning a bit pink.

“I love bedrooms. They’re great”, said Johnson suggestively. Blood rushed to Aaron’s face and neck as he continued up the stairs and down the hallway to his bedroom.

“Wow, your bedroom was not what I expected”, said Johnson looking around.

It was strangely plain, no dark walls or spray paint or anything gothic and emo and unhappy that crossed your mind when you thought of Aaron’s attitude.

Aaron shrugged and flipped on the television.

“Do you want to watch a movie?” he asked, trying not to stare as Johnson flopped onto the bed. His bed.

Johnson moaned. “This bed is so heavenly soft. Like clouds and feathers and boobies.”

Aaron chortled and turned the television off. “Let’s play Monopoly”, said Johnson, suddenly.

A couple hours later, Aaron was winning and the game was over. Only because Johnson had forfeited halfway through after answering five calls and fifteen texts within the course of a half hour.

“Thought you weren’t on call”, commented Aaron casually. He placed the pieces back into the game box methodically. He was a bit OCD when it came to simple things.

“Oh, I’m not. These are models.”

“From the shoot?”

“Yeah, other shoots, too. I’ve been to two this week. I didn’t think you’d want to tag along since you know, you’re a teenager and you have school.”

Aaron closed the box lid with a slam, stood up, and walked the game over to the closet it belonged in. He methodically reorganized the game board since he’d had to undo all the games to get this one from the bottom of the stack.

From behind him on the bed, Johnson watched as Aaron went all OCD on the game closet. It was the cutest thing ever. He giggled as he watched him. His phone buzzed yet again so of course he answered it.

“Hello? Oh hey, long time no talk”, he laughed into the phone, all the while watching the cute boy in front of him.

Aaron listened to Johnson’s side of the conversation, silently fuming. When he was done, he stepped down from the step-stool, slid it back into the closet, and closed the door.

He turned around to Johnson who was just flipping his phone closed, a beaming smile on his face. Johnson being the hilarious person he was decided to tease the cutely jealous boy.

“Oh, that was this model from a shoot last week. He is so adorable. His name’s Enrique. How sexy is that? Enrrique”, he rolled his ‘r’ and smiled brightly at Aaron.

Aaron’s face grew bright red, whether from jealousy or embarrassment, Johnson knew not. Either way, it was quite adorable.

Johnson crossed his legs Korean-style and bounced his leg with his knee. He checked his phone right as it buzzed. “Oh, its Enrrique again. And someone named Robert. I don’t remember meeting him. But, ooh he remembers me. Did we ever…”

Aaron took a deep breath to calm himself and paced back and forth, agitatedly. All the while, Johnson was smiling away to himself, pretending to check messages.

Aaron took one more glance at the smiling Johnson and finally his anger burst. He stalked over to him, grabbed his phone, and threw it onto the bed. Johnson’s eyes grew wide.

“What the heck? You called me, saying you wanted to hang out but all you’ve done is check your phone and talk about someone named Enrique. I don’t freaking care, okay. I don’t care about Enrique and Robert. I care about…”

He stopped. What did he care about? Aaron’s hand ripped through his brown locks in frustration. Then he took the giant leap of faith.

He grabbed Johnson and kissed him.

Aaron felt like he was melting. He was hot and tingling all over. His five senses were all taking in the experience. It was different, much more different than anything he’d ever experienced. He could smell Johnson’s shampoo-- a light fruity concoction. He could taste spearmint on Johnson’s breath--his favorite gum flavor. And he could feel a burning fire rising in his chest.

The door opened but neither noticed it. It wasn’t until a coughing sound was made that the two broke apart, awkwardly. Lance and Lexi were standing there looking like they’d just seen something they shouldn’t have. Which they had, of course.

“Well, my bad”, chirped Lexi, throwing her hands up in a shrug. Lance, on the other hand, wasn’t taking it as well.

“It’s like the Logo channel in your brother’s bedroom!” he exclaimed, covering his eyes.

“Oh, calm down”, Lexi said, patronizingly.

“Don’t tell me to calm the -beep- down. I’ll -beep- flip out if I want to. The -beep- is going on here? What the heck!” He moaned and walked out the room making odd sounds.

Lexi waved and followed behind him to talk to him about his inappropriate reaction.

“Well…” said Johnson, drawing out the word. The silence was deafening.

Aaron rubbed a hand over his eyes, feeling drained all of a sudden. There wasn’t anything to say.

“I’m gonna go”, Johnson said, standing up from the bed. He picked his jacket up from the floor and walked out the bedroom door.

Aaron didn’t follow.

-----------------------------------

Short, I know but it was a natural stopping point so thats what had to happen. It's not like its a cliff-hanger.