harry-the billionair

You had grown use to the seemingly quite penthouse. There wasn’t much life about other then the staff and the five month old baby you were bouncing on your robe clad hip. Your sock covered feet sank into the carpet as you held her close.

It was much too late for her to be up but she was having a rough night and wanted to be held as well as eat every hour.  Your daughter Amelia cooed as she rubbed her cheek against the black silk that adorned your body this evening.

As she babbled contently you paced around your large bedroom. The lights above your head were lit dimply and the curtains that covered the window overlooking London were open wide. The view still took your breath away even to this day, though you’ve seen it every morning, afternoon, and evening for the past few months.

Your daughters dark green eyes looked at the buildings and lights before her and her small hand touched the cold glass. She let out a small shriek from the cold but kept her hand there nonetheless. 

The city was alit and buzzing as you peered outside. The night was in full darkness down and the dark grey’s of the clouds and deep navy blues covered the sky as you waited for your husband to come home.

You knew he had a rough day at work since he hadn’t called you back from earlier. Just this morning you could even feel the tension in his shoulders as you kissed the area. He had been more hard on the staff then usual earlier and that should have been your clue that things were tough for him.

If anything your husband was as hard a worker as they came. He ran his company like a tight ship and he took everything regarding it seriously. If he wasn’t structured the way he was he wouldn’t have the money or life he did today. He built S. Enterprise from the ground up and that was no small feat to laugh at.

He was all business to everyone but you and the little angel in your arms. It was cliché to say that he was this kind and sweet man to you but it was utterly the truth. You were his queen and your daughter his little princess.

‘No’ wasn’t installed in either of your vocabularies, nor was the thought of needing anything. All you had to do was bat your eyelashes, ask, or give him a kiss and whatever it was you wanted would be given to you.

You lived the good life. Diamonds adorned your body, designer brands covered your figure, the car you drove embraced the status Harry brought along with him. Not to mention your last name was enough to catch a few eyes as well. 

A lifestyle is something that you have control over and you most certainly had control over this one. His wealth hadn’t changed you as you were still the same girl you were before you met him, now you just had more money.

He had billions of dollars to dote of both you and your daughter; at times it scared you how much money he had. He was simply a billionaire and the sky was the limit.

Before you had come along he wasn’t content though he had all of this money he didn’t have anyone he could appreciate it with. But with you he changed.

The man had a private jet, cars of all types, and he would never have to worry about anything. Random vacations and a showering of gifts were normal for you and in honesty you loved it. Of course you hadn’t known about the money until after the two of you were serious but it was a nice bonus knowing you and your daughter would always be secure.

Before you the staff had told you that before he had met you he was ice cold. He still was cold to them but that was the boss type of persona within him. With you he thawed and now he had someone to enjoy and to love.

You could feel your daughter getting sleepy with each passing moment and soon she buried her face into your chest and let out a tiny sigh. You padded out of your room and moved Amelia to her room where you placed the sleepy baby in her crib. You ran your fingers over her soft skin and marveled at the sight of your darling daughter. You made sure she would be okay and turned on the gold fairy lights that lined the wall in front of her crib. You made sure the monitor was turned on as well before taking one last glance down at her. As she slid into the clutches of sleep your bare feet padded back over to your room where you lounged in bed and picked up your phone.