Amber

Gold comes in again today. I get a little nervous thinking about what could happen. He sets down a tray of dry cereal on the floor and leans his face close to mine. I try to move away, but my head hits the wall. He whispers in my ear, "Eat something." He smells my hair. I think I'm going to vomit.

"I'm not hungry," I state firmly.

He doesn't even listen. He brushes my cheek with his fingertips. Is he drunk, or is he always this creepy? He starts to move his face closer to mine. I try to move away, but I'm up against the wall. I prepare for the worst, knowing that Belle is waiting in the closet. His lips are about to touch me when he whispers, "I'll be seeing you later."

Gold leaves and Belle comes rushing in. We don't even speak as she holds my head close to her chest. I finally break the silence. "Belle, I'm scared."

"I know, honey. I promise, I won't let him hurt you."

"No, you can't interfere. I don't know what he'll do to you if he finds out you've been seeing me, but I know it won't be good. Besides, after all I've been through, how could Gold do any worse?"

"Just because you've gone through something before doesn't mean you want to do it again. I'll try to stay out of it if that's what you want, but I can't promise to stay quiet if you're in danger."

Belle hugs me for a little while longer, then we break apart. Belle leaves, and I'm left all alone to ponder my fate.