Chapter 12 (Part 3)

Aug and Porscha on the left. Shai on the right.

"My boy August Alsina is in the building! Y'all show some love!"

Those words replayed in Shai's mind as she watched her idiotic baby daddy walk in to VIP. She could care less about the chick on his arms because she would be a non factor as long as she kept her mouth closed. When she heard those words it's like time stopped and has yet to speed back up. She couldn't understand why August chose to come out tonight after she asked him time and time again if he wanted her to call a baby sitter. She understood that Aug was new to parenthood, but there's some things you just don't do. Shai's main concern was the safety of her daughter and right now August had an ass whooping coming his way because that's something Shai didn't play about.  Shai felt like August was dumb enough to leave a 5 year old unattended, but for his sake, she hoped he wasn't.

Time sped back up and Shai realized this was reality. Before she realized it, her Red Bottoms sunk into the couch as she climbed over it to get to August, but someone grabbed her arm before she could get too far. It was Jade.

Jade was just as confused as Chandra, Shanelle and Chaz were when August showed up. Poor Chasity sat observing everybody, trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

Jade knew how her sister could get when it came down to Bre. Right now wasn't the time and the place, but she knew it would only be so long that she could stop Shai from causing a scene.

August's ole lady got back in town the same night as Jayden's party. He'd been personally invited by his nigga who he's not seen in years. There was no way he was going to miss this. August was confident that the night would go smoothly and that Shai would be understanding of the situation; Being that she managed to still go out after having Bre. If she could do it, why couldn't he?

"Can I borrow him for a second? Thanks." Shai asked grabbing August's arm before the girl could answer.

She lead Aug to a private room and closed and locked the door. Jade was already waiting for them in the room.

Shai sat on a couch staring at August intently. Shai's heard some of her clients at the shop talk about their problems with their baby daddy's and she really didn't want to be in the same position they were in. Most of them talked down on their children's father and couldn't trust them, but that's not how she wanted her and Aug to be. She wanted to be able to trust that he would make the best decisions for their daughter at any given moment and at any given time.

"What you bring me in he'a fa'? I kno' you'n drag me alla'way back in he'a ta' stare at a nigga."

Shai was only being quiet because she was trying to gather her thoughts and not lash out on this nigga. She had a mindset to attempt to whoop his ass then ask questions later, but she knew that wouldn't work out in her favor.

"Why the fuck are you here?" She asked, "You had the nerve to pass up spending time with our child to stroll up in here with some chick!?"

Shai was trying hard not to call Porsha a bitch. She was so shocked when August walked in that she didn't even realize who Porsha was.

"So? I made last minute plans."

August felt like he had everything taken care of. Bre was asleep when he left. He made sure he called somebody to watch her while he was gone.