Chapter 5

It was the strangest sensation going through the vortex, or whatever that thing was. It felt like I was set inside a washing machine put on, 'scrub the girl so hard that she feels like she is going to throw up, and stretch her in every way possible'. It wasn't the most pleasant feeling, believe it or not.

My thoughts immediately returned to the pre-events, and I came up with a million questions. Where is Faith? Is she okay? What happened to the vaguely familiar man that saved my life? Why did he save my life? Why did that beast want me?

It was quite the amount of questions, considering it didn't take but twenty seconds to realize where I was, or rather where I wasn't. Strangely this place, like the man, felt familiar. I didn't know when I'd been here, maybe when I was younger than three? I had no idea.

It's possible since that was when I had appeared on the doorstep of the lonely old orphanage, but I doubt it. Maybe it is just a place I have dreamed of. Maybe I'm dreaming right now. I looked at my surroundings, but everything seemed so real.

I noticed I was on some sort of beach. There was sand all around me, until some grass started to grow up a little ways. In front of me the water lapped at the sand, it was bright, blue, and clear. I found myself longing to be in the water.

Right as I was debating whether or not to strip off the stupid hospital gown and jump in, a voice spoke up behind me.

"Hello Miss, may I help you?" I whipped around to see a little man about three feet tall peering at me.

"Who are you," I asked, biting my tongue to hold back laughter. This man looked to be at least forty, yet he was only three feet tall!

            "I am Karlaxx son of Keldorn, all mighty dwarf of the land of Mytariah. Whose great ruler is Queen Emberdorn." I hoped this was his introduction, and not how he always said his name. Wait did he say he was a dwarf?! Where am I?!?! "Excuse me Miss, what is your name?"

I had probably not been paying attention when he asked the first time. Where are my manners? "Sorry," I apologized. "My name is Rosalina Greysen."

               Karlaxx looked stunned. "You were named after a flower, the rose?"

            "I-I-I don't know actually. I um never met my mother." I told 'the dwarf'.

               "Come with me quickly," he murmured and grabbed my wrist. I tried to yank my hand free, but Karlaxx had an iron grip.

                "Let me go!" I yelped. "I don't even know you." I added in my torment of rage. Who did he think he was taking me wherever he wanted? I saw a small cottage up ahead, and came up with a plan. "Help!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, right as a fat little hand covered my mouth.