Chapter 2

It felt like the worlds largest brick had been thrown at me. There was a searing pain throughout my whole body. It felt like everything inside me just snapped! I tried to feel my mouth, since I got my braces off just two weeks ago they were quite my obsession. But my hands wouldn't work, and they burned like crazy. I realized what I was doing, I had just gotten hit by a car and I was worried about my mouth?! Well I'm officially ignoring myself.

It was then that I noticed how quickly you could go from thinking about a prom dress, to wondering if your good enough to go to heaven.

I tried to pry my eyes open and barely succeeded. It hurt so much! When I finally did, I didn't see anyone. Great, now I was going to be asked questions about someone I hadn't even seen. Slowly I felt myself drifting to sleep.

'NO,' I yelled at myself mentally. If I have a concussion, I'll never wake up. But soon the weight and pain became unbearable, and away on my cloud of sleep I went.

I had a dream I was running. I didn't know from what or who, but I sensed danger and I wasn't waiting around to find out. I just kept on running. I was in a forest, and as I ran the trees whipped past me. My chest and throat hurt from breathing so hard. I heard a scream, but it wasn't mine. I felt so cold and alone, wishing to be anywhere but here.

I woke up in cold sweat. I tried to reach my hand up to my chest as if a touch could stop my racing heart, and found I couldn't. I used all the strength I could manage to open my eyes. When I did, I almost wished I were back in my dream.

I was in a hospital. They even put me in a hospital gown?! I thought outraged. These flimsy pieces of fabric barely cover you, and they are so ugly! I guess it's better then some bloody torn up clothes I thought, trying to sooth myself. Right then the nurse came in.

She looks like she is in her early to middle twenties. She has really blue eyes and platinum blonde hair. Doctor Mortersen, (says her name tag) is also a little on the chubby side, and her nurses uniform doesn't help. "How are you feeling?" she asked. She has a really high voice that sounds kinda cute."Oh, wait don't answer that you need to rest." Mortersen stated sounding kind of nervous. "No wait, I need to know how your feeling so I might help." she corrected herself for the third time.

"I feel okay." I lied, hoping it might ease her tension and stop her self- argument.

She huffed out a huge breath and sat down in the chair next to my bed with more aggression then needed. "I'm sorry, it's my first day and I want to do everything right, but every little mistake I make is recorded by my supervisor." she blurted then blushed deeply covering her mouth. "I'm sorry," she mumbled again. She stuck her hand out to shake mine and pulled it back at the last minute realizing I wasn't in such a great position to do that. "My name is Doctor Mortersen, but you can call me Faith." she beamed.

"Okay Faith, is there anyway I can get some pain killers or something?" I asked slightly wincing, as even the effort to talk was painful.

"Oh of course!" Faith jumped off the chair she had been sitting in and quickly walked out the door.

When Faith came back she had a police officer on either side of her, and something that looked like an IV bag in her hand. She looked rather displeased. "Stupid police officers," I thought I heard her mutter. "Honey these kind men are here to ask you some questions," she said putting on a fake smile. Yep, she definitely wasn't happy with them and neither was I, well their presence at least.