Alternate Ending

Wizzy: This is what would have happened if Kisa had chosen to stay an owl. Personally, I think it's incredibly cute. Anyway, it's been great writing this story and seeing all of your reactions. Be sure to check out some of my other stories too. You might find one you like. I'm constantly adding new ones, so check back often!

I was awoken early in the morning by the largest of my little owlets. Renji had always been the first one awake, with his two siblings following closely behind. And not long after, Renji always tackled me and forced me to wake up.

"Renji..." I mumbled to myself, getting up slowly. As usual, my three owlets were messing around in our little home. "Issei! Renji!" The two boys, Renji and Issei, were picking on their smaller sister, Kotori. "Be nice to your sister!"

Who would have thought that being a mother could be such a pain? I quickly scolded the boys. They never acted like this when their father was around. Oh, I never mentioned their father, did I? It's Genma. Yes, the same old Genma that I'd rejected several times before.

After thinking it over, I'd decided that Bokuto would be better off moving on with his life and forgetting about the human that I used to be. So And thinking back, even though I still love that idiot, I don't regret my choice at all.

Why would I? Bokuto seems to be happy, even if he does miss the human me. And I can't say that I'm unhappy about being Genma's mate. Living in our little hollow tree with an adorable little family, what could possibly be bad about my life now?

I heard a voice calling from outside our tree. It was one that I, as well as my mate and our three owlets, knew very well. The three little ones rushed over to the opening of our home and peered out.

Kotori, being the fastest, had gotten there first and stood a little too close to the edge. Issei was second, stopping just before he bumped into her. Renji was last, colliding with both of them and knocking little Kotori out the door.

"Whoa! Careful there!" said that familiar voice before Bokuto's face came into view. In his hands was my only daughter, safe and sound. Normally the little ones would have learned to fly by now, but they hadn't quite gotten there yet. Maybe that was because I had formerly been human and still couldn't fly yet.

Kotori was placed back inside and I put my wing around her. I was relieved that she was safe. Looking up at him, Bokuto just grinned back at me. He turned to look at the little owlets. "Wanna come with me today?" he asked them before turning to me, silently asking if it was okay.

Bokuto had always been so excited about the baby owls, so I found it difficult to say no. Not to mention that they absolutely adored him. So when I was met with a number of "Please Mom"'s, I had no choice but to let them. Of course, I'd be going too.

And so the four of us spent the day with Bokuto. Adventurous Issei somehow made his way up onto the top of the ace's head and kept playing in his hair. Chubby Renji kept falling off his shoulder on purpose just to make Bokuto catch him. And shy little Kotori just cuddled close to him.

She's incredibly fond of him, much like I was. In fact, it wouldn't be surprising if she ended up falling in love with him. Genma always said that it was cute how she was so much like me.

Before long, we were joined by Genma, his former human Haruo, and Bokuto's best friends Kuroo and Akaashi. As the human boys were busy playing with the little owlets, I sat back and watched with Genma right by my side. Well, and Akaashi too because he wasn't the playful type like the other three.

"You don't regret choosing to stay with me?" my mate asked.

"Why would I?" I leaned against him, cuddling close to him. Even though I didn't love Genma like I had loved Bokuto, I knew this was the best choice. "I have a wonderful mate and an even better family. What is there to regret?"

Genma didn't answer that, but I could see the smile on his face. Together, the two of us were happy. We had each other and a beautiful family; what more could we possibly ask for?