Chapter Four

[Not as much as I wanted it to be, but I got tired.  More tomorrow hopefully!  Comment please!  May<3]

Chapter Four

            It continued like that for the next few weeks.  Casual comments and touches.  Each time something happens though, it is so casual that I really can’t tell what they are supposed to mean.

Logan Foxer just gives off a player attitude. It is mostly just so common for him to flirt, that it just his normal way of communicating.

Or he could just like hitting on anything that moves, but I doubt it.  I’d guess the former.  I mean the weights move and I have yet to see him touching and casually winking at them.  He is so fine however that they might miraculously wink back if ever did.  Wait, what? Hahahaha, wow Jaycen, and you thought you were smart.

Good thing Foxer can’t hear these thoughts. That guy’s ego does not need to get any bigger than it already is.

***

Today we found out our training module scores.  I knew that there would be a drop in my score because the way they are marked, but I had no idea.  The whole group of recruits experienced a major slap in the face.  As crappy as it sounds though, I am still in first so I am still a little happy.  But that’s only because everyone did as bad as me.  So we pretty much didn’t change in ranking, just score.

As expected, I am very upset with myself.  I mean come ON! This has got to change or I won’t make the rangers.  My whole life has been dedicated to this one goal!

But anyway, as per the defeat of those scores, we got to listen to our training officer lecture and supply his cocky opinions.

“God damn! If I’d known I got the Academy’s lowest recruits, I never would have agreed to lend them my amazing talents.”  That was one of Foxer’s first snide comments.

One of the next was said generally speaking, but I feel the end was directed towards me.

“Now you need to figure out if you are gonna give up or buckle down.  And don’t you boys worry, if you decide you wanna stay and work harder, I’ll help save your asses.”  Logan looked directly at me and smirked after that statement.

In the end, about four of the recruits left the academy.  I guess the pressure was just too much.  Understandable, some days I’m so exhausted and stressed I think I’d pass out and not wake up for days. 

And wouldn’t you guess it, Grady, that wonderful dickhead, is still around!  It was too much to hope he’d lose interest or self esteem and leave too.

***

We found out later from some of the older recruits that all of this was something the academy does for every set of recruits.  They use it as a way to weed out those who aren’t fully committed and willing to put all the hard work in, and also allow those who got in over their heads a way out.  So basically, our low scores were expected and completely normal. 

But even after finding this out, I can’t stop feeling disappointed in myself.  Stupid I know, but I can’t accept it. 

That brings us to now.  I am currently in my training module, hoping if I just work harder, I’ll improve. 

“DAMMIT!” I growl in frustration as my defenses crash and my “ship” is destroyed. 

Pounding my fist on the armrest, I can’t help the stream of profanities that escape my mouth.  Why can’t I do this!?  I need to get better, to prove to myself that I am worth it.  That the Rangers is where I am meant to be!

“How’s it going in there, Falcon?” Holy shit! I think I just peed a little as that came through the coms.  That voice is too familiar.  Great.

“Sorry, Officer Foxer, I’ll shut it down now, sir.”  I hope I don’t get in trouble for this, they’ll understand right? But I am using a high tech machine, lots of money so they probably don’t like people using them without supervision. 

“Why?” Huh?

“Uh-um, I don’t know, aren’t I in trouble for using the machine without a supervisor?” I probably just got myself in trouble for stating that, but I am so confused.

“Not that I can tell.”

“Oh…”

“Your score improved a bit it looks like.”  My heart rate increased with excitement for a moment and then I remembered.

            “Wait, what do you mean?  How would you know that already?  I thought it takes a while to view the scores.”

            “Nope, I can view them as soon as you are done.  Just takes a while ‘cause there are so many recruits, and we want to make you squirm.”  There’s the cocky attitude again. 

            “Well, isn’t that nice.”  My sarcasm was thick.

            At that Logan chuckled. “Well it worked didn’t it? Here you are trying harder right?”

            I growled in response.  Whatever. My reasons are my own.  This would have happened even if they told us right out the gate that our scores would drop.

            “Hahaha, oh Falcon, you make my day I swear.  Open up.”

            “Gee thanks.” I mumbled, “Wait, why? I thought I wasn’t in trouble.”

            “You’re not, do what I tell you.”

            “Fine.” I grumbled as I hit the appropriate switches to open the hatch.  I turned as it opened thinking I would be leaving now, when Logan stepped into view at the opening.  Getting ready to question his appearance, I was cut off as he stepped inside.

            “Scoot up.”

            At my questioning glance he came over and pushed me forward. At wedge his body behind mine in the pilot seat.

            “Hey! What? You can’t sit-”

            “These things are made to be comfortable for bigger men then us so calm down.”

            I would have said something more but I was now snuggled up with my back pressed tighly to my super sexy officer’s chest.  Oh, my, such hard muscle.  Mmmmm.  I took a deep breath to try to calm my claiming libido, but that only made things worse as I inhaled nothing but Logan’s sent.  Mint, soap and a hint of cologne.  I’m doomed.

            “Now,” he started speaking right next to my ear, his breath whispering across it. It took all that was in my not to shiver in response. “Let’s start this.”

            “What are you doing?” I am having a very hard time concentrating and I don’t think it is a very good idea for me to start a session when I can’t even succeed in them with all my effort focused on it. 

            “I, Falcon, am going to tutor you, you could say, in the fine arts of fighter piloting.  Given my superior knowledge, you are going to learn a few things.”

            “Well aren’t you a cocky one.”  Uh-oh, that was not supposed to leave my mouth. 

            “In more ways than one.”  He chuckled at that, causing me to bounce forward a little.  What’s that supposed to mean?  Is he flirting again? 

            “Now, position yourself like you usually would.”

            “I can’t do that with you in the seat too.”

            “Well try any way.”

            “Fine.”  I shifted around as best I could, setting my arms on the pads to the side, and reaching for the levers.  As I did however, I couldn’t help but notice that my butt pushed right into his crotch.  This is going to be interesting.