Prologue [Edited]

Prologue

The loud thud of a door slamming into the cage of a car seemed to resonate throughout the school parking lot as I hurriedly said bye to my mother and started a disorganised sprint. My only focus points were the two arching doors at the centre of the building and my disoriented legs as they hustled to reach the building.

Which is why I didn’t hear the roar of an engine as I burst through a barricade of cars and was immediately forced to skid to a stop. Gravel crunched wildly as my heart sunk into my stomach and I narrowly avoided death itself on a motorcycle.

Or rather, death himself. Phoenix Knight.

My breath was mildly jagged as I furrowed my brows and raised both arms in frustration. “Watch where you’re going, asshat!” I bellowed angrily at his departing silhouette.

As expected, he ignored me and my overpowering rage. Or, maybe he just didn’t hear me over the roar of his Ducati. Either way, I was pissed. And in a rush. A combination that was both deadly and frightening to an unsuspecting third party.

He was just lucky that I wasn’t armed otherwise...

My eyes widened in rapid realisation as I regained focus.

I cursed under my breath and fought to ignore the pure annoyance that was threatening to overwhelm me as I scrambled for the main doors to my school building. I was late. I had exactly fifty-three seconds to reach my homeroom otherwise I would be awarded with an invitation to Saturday detention.

It was only as I began to slide into my seat with a sheepish smile on my face and a slightly moistened forehead (while the supervisor stared coldly in my direction) that I realised... today would be just like every other day.

Classes; boring.

Break; relieving.

More classes; still boring.

Lunch; rejuvenating.

Classes; hell.

And then back home. Which, to put it simply, I wasn’t looking forward to either.

                                   ●☼●

If you have feedback, comment :) If you like the story then click that little star at the top of the page ;) If you want to keep track of updates, follow c: 

- Florence x