Introduction [Edited]

Introduction

At first glance, Phoenix Knight was the type of person that you would cross the street to avoid; the type of person that mothers begged their daughters not to bring home.

If you looked at him a second time with a sense of open-mindedness, you would still see the same image of a dark boy with an even darker past.

His parents were killed in the safety of their home when he was fifteen; their death deemed a cold case after several months with no viable leads, leaving the murderer to roam the streets freely. He rode a motorbike which was so costly that it was obvious he had stolen it.

Every weekday at exactly 08:15, he would ride into his school and park his bike at the furthest corner of the lot. Each time he would sit beside the metal body and smoke one cigarette after another as he thoughtfully stared at the sky.

Once or twice, he would bother to enter the school building but only to raise fear in those that attended the institution. He was obviously smart; school was beyond him.

But always, always, at exactly one hour past-midday sharp, he would rev the engine to his motorcycle and hit the road, not to be seen again until the next morning.

                                   ●☼●

Thank you so, so much for taking the time to check out my story! :)

- Florence x

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means whatsoever without express written permission from the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews. Please refer all pertinent questions to the publisher.

© 2013 Florence