Chapter Thirty-Six

I stand nervously in my father's office a few weeks later, awaiting Yasmina and Amelia's arrival.

"You seem nervous" Dad says, clicking something on his computer.

"I am" I admit, sitting on the edge of his desk. "I've never met them before and they seemed very surprised by my contacting them."

"Well, while we wait, maybe you should fill me in on what's been happening since we last saw you" he says, turning his attention from his computer and giving it solely to me.

"Well, you know that we all live in your old summer home near Dartmouth now and Ava's having a little daughter, right?" I check, relatively sure he knows that already.

"Yes" he says briskly. "Do you know what gender Ted's child is?" 

"A little boy" I smile. "They're going to name him Samuel Jason Christian Grey."

Dad's face lights up when he hears his grandson's name. "My name is his middle?" he asks, his expression showing pride, happiness and extreme surprise.

I nod, smiling at him. "And Ava's going to name her daughter Maya Kate, but she's not sure if she'll use her last name or Jackson's yet" I say.

"So he's the father, not Casey?" Dad questions.

"Yeah" I say, fiddling with a loose fibre on my shirt.

"You're starting to look very pregnant now" he says cautiously, unsure whether I would take that as a compliment or an insult.

"You tend to look pregnant at six months along, Dad" I say, rolling my eyes at him playfully.

He smiles, watching me rub my bump. "Any issue with Derek since you got custody of Kellie?" he asks.

"A few threats but nothing serious. He's just trying to scare us" I say, shaking my head. "I do know he's kept well on his promise to over-run us with Deks though."

"How many other than Emily Rose and Benjamin Anthony are yet to be born?" he questions.

"Six that I know of" I answer.

"Nine" Kaitlyn says from the corner of the room, where she, Andrew and Kellie are sitting together playing a quiet game.

"Damn he works fast" Dad mutters.

"No kidding" I agree.

There's a quiet knock at the door before a woman opens it.

"You requested us, Mr Grey?" she asks formally.

"Yes. Come in" Dad says, professional around his employees.

Yasmina and Amelia enter the room, three little children following them.

"Sorry. Jordan had work so we had to bring the kids with us" Yasmina apologises, cradling a little baby in her arms.

"That's no worry. They can sit with my daughter's children during this" Dad says, gesturing the Deks.

Kaitlyn smiles and stands, taking on the responsibility of greeting her family. "Hello" she says brightly, smiling at the other kids. "Do you want to come play with us?"

The oldest kid, a boy of about eight, looks on Kaitlyn with a sneer. The little girl of maybe five hides behind her mother, clutching her skirt in her tiny hands. The little three year old boy though, goes straight over and plops down beside Andrew.

Kaitlyn is patient and friendly, eventually coaxing the little girl out and over to the corner with her.

"Brat" the older boy sneers at her.