*Do you always have to be so dispirited?*

As we kept on walking, I started recognizing the road, it's the path to the rugby field. If he told me he was going to take me to the field, I would have put on my trainers instead of flats.

We didn't talk at all, only silence was hanging in the air the whole way, but I didn't care at all because I wasn't a big talker. Only important people in my life would get me to open up towards them otherwise I wouldn't talk more than ten sentences to you.

It kept twirling in my mind about what he had planned for our date or let us rather say a get-together, hopefully, he makes it fun otherwise I would be leaving sooner than he thinks.

"Are you ready Dawn?" His voice started echoing through the trees, making some of the silence disappear between us. Was it just me or was he excited about this?

"Ready for what? You can't ask me if I am ready if I don't even know what I should be ready for."

"Do you always have to be so dispirited?"

"It's part of my job description. So deal with it."

I had my reasons why I was this way, a lot of things were taken away from me the most important aspect in my life so why did I even had to try and be happy because when I am happy, bad things happen to me. That's why I decided to go through life as if it can't take anything away from me again.

"Would it kill you to at least try?"

"Yeah, because I am too young to die."

Does he think he is going to change my ways, this is who I am? I have been this way for almost three years now, and no one is going to change that at all. Madison tried and Madison failed, a few other people tried and guess what they also failed. The only people I knew this wasn't going to work on were my family. They didn't fall for my silly tricks.

I was a different person when I was with them, I am always happy, smiling they made me a happy person. Without them, I am nothing they mean the world to me.

"Could you close your eyes please Dawn."

"Sure, but please don't eat me because I am not going to taste good. It's going to be bad meat."

"I won't eat you just close your eyes please."

I did as I was told and I felt his hand also covering my eyes, I felt my back being pressed against his chest, I felt my feet moving, but I didn't know to where. Without even thinking I placed my hands on top of his and held onto them.

We came to a stop, and I felt him moving his hands, but he held onto my left hand, I didn't want to open my eyes, I just wanted to keep them close because what if I open them and this date sucks.

"Dawn, you may open your eyes now."

I did it slowly as I had to let my eyes adjust to the light. The most beautiful table stood in the middle of the rugby field decorated with candles, rose petals were made into a path to follow to the table. He put a lot of thought into this. By the looks of it, he was a hopeless romantic.

This was one of the best ideas ever since I didn't like a crowd of people around me. If he had taken me to a fancy restaurant, I would have felt out of place like I didn't belong, but this way I can maybe get to know him. Maybe I get to see who he is underneath all that skin.

He held onto my hand, and we walked along the rose petals path which was sweet, he pulled out my chair, and I sat down and thanked him. He took his seat from across me, and he had one of his beautiful smiles on his face.

"I didn't know what you like to eat, so I got burgers if that's fine with you?"

"So now I got to get my hands dirty. Sauce all over me, I'll just rather not eat it." I could see a thousand ideas running through his mind as he wanted to come up with new food ideas.

"I am sorry Dawn." He hangs his head in shame, and I just started laughing at him.

"I am joking with you. I am not your girly girl that cares what I eat or how I look. Thinking back to the day I played rugby with you, I was full of mud did I complain once? No, I didn't and by the way, I like burgers, so that's something you know about me now."

"You had me worried there for a second."

The rest of the night was pleasant, to say the least, he even made me smile from time to time.

*Just because I love all of my readers so much, I decided to give you an update.

Hope you enjoy it.

Stay sweet Xoxo ✌.