Chapter Four

You had often cleaned the game room in your days as Ciel's maid, but never have you got to actually use it for its meaning. You weren't sure what other things you were good at besides being sneaky, playing chess, cleaning, and kicking arse when needed. But really what more did you need? Why did you have to do so much of this 'becoming a lady' thing? Seriously, you were smart and useful in brilliant ways. Did that not meet royalty standards? So, considering this was something different, and you wanted to enjoy what Ciel does, so why not give it a go?

You have never used a weapon before, or so you thought.

Sebastian handed both you and Ciel your swords and your masks. It took you a minute to put the mask on, but somehow the sword...felt like you. ..knew everything about it. You touched the cold stem to your hands and lost yourself in the reflection of your face in the brass handle. Somehow you felt like you have been here before.

Ciel, began talk to you, explaining different moves and the proper ways to fence, but all you could really hear was your own thoughts as you looked passed Ciel. Where were you when you last used a sword? You swore you had one before, but the more you thought about it the more crazy it seemed.

"Are you even listening?" Ciel said scoldingly.

"....."

"EHHHmmm???" he grunted, frustratedly.

"Oh..." was all you said.

"Oh? Well then why don't we start?" Ciel said with a challenging grin.

"Uh wait Ciel..."

"I'm not going to repeat myself."

You blushed feeling a bit embarressed at how much of an air-head you were acting, but really you weren't exactly scared.

"Alright."

"Aun-guard!" Ciel started, and almost automatically your sword clashed with his. You almost wondered if it was even you doing this. Your swords crossed and came down with a force that pushed both of you back. Ciel's eyes glowed red and almost irritated. You came at him strongly and tried to jab at his chest but his swiftly cut you off. 

"C'mon! Stop holding back!" he yelled. What was making him so mad? Did he really want you to be more serious? You figured you were just having fun...

You could feel muscle memory gripping at you, catching your limbs and throwing you into a ring.

You crossed swords again but this time you tipped back and forth and till you tricked him into pushing the wrong way. You slung back and caught him in the ribs twice and...

He didn't like that...

He threw down his sword and pulled off his mask.

"We're finished." He said solemnly.

You shook your head, and you could hear Sebastian snickering as he picked up Ciel's things.

"Wait! Ciel! I was doin well, I was having fun what's wrong?" You felt hurt, what did you do? You just wanted to know more about him. So far all you learned was he was definately a sore loser.

"Nothing. I'm just tired."

You frowned. You wanted to go on a walk with him at least. "Ciel, are you retiring to bed already? But you sa-"

"IM going to bed, you should too." His voice was incredibly shakey, and you really were begining to feel heated. This was the most immature thing he's ever done.

"It's because I'm a woman!" You shouted as he headed for the door.

Ciel stopped as he clutched the knob. "I know another woman who can fence just as well." He replied coldly.

"It's about her! You jerk! you miss her don't you then?"

He growled and snapped around. "You idiot! No! It has nothing to do with Elizabeth! It's the fact that I can't protect you!"

He slammed the door shut and stormed off till his footfalls were silent, leaving you there confused and teary eyed.

Sebastian pulled out his handkercheif, and began to wipe your face, something he's never done.

"Now now, angels and demons alike are both very good at fencing."

"Oh..." It made sense now.

"Love is so strange. I've grown to understand it's literal ways but never the 'why' "

You looked up at Sebastian. He was always so handsome. 

"Do you want something to drink before bed?" he asked as he smiled a genuine grin.

"No. I want to talk to Ciel." you demanded.

"Determined are we? You know Ciel is a puzzle that you will have to put together yourself. I will bring you to his room, but you should be the one to knock if you really want to take that chance."

"Oh, please Sebby...what on earth will he do to me?"

Sebastian said nothing as he opened the door and held out his hand.

====Alois====

Alois laid naked sprawled on the couch in his lounge as his butler messaged his feet.

"Being evil is hard work," he commented, sipping the glass of brandy next to him.

"Is it?" Angus asked.

"Yes. I really hate this feeling I get around that woman. She's not like any other woman. I'm attracted to her. And I hate women."

His butler smiled to himself.

"Does she need to be taught a lesson?"

Alois brushed him off. "Please, that's my job around here. I can't understand why she's so...so....I can't explain it. She reminds me of someone.

"Is that so your highness?"

"Women are all the same. But she is different. She's not as fragile. I want to see if I can break her. It's like a game."

Angus rubbed his face against Alois's leg.

"Your always so hateful. It's intoxicating.

Alois had no reaction, he was bored and used to Angus worshipping him like a god.

Angus was the butler assigned to him. Sometimes Alois would feed him souls of the women he killed just to keep him that way. Angus was his playtoy, and he didn;t mind it.

"I want you to do something for me, Angus..."

Angus looked up at him with puppy dog eyes. 

"Are you a good actor?" He asked, playing with his hair.

"I'm a demon. I fail at nothing."

 "I want you to seduce our little Lily. Let's see how different she is. Is she a whore like all the other women? I want to know, all her dirty secrets. I want to have a reason to hate her. Love is discusting. I want to make I never have any part of it."