Chapter 18

Gimmelwald: 1:00 PM: Large Cow Pasture

Dozens of cows roamed around an enclosed area of grass. A large wooden barn stood in the distance and only a couple of houses could be seen in the distance. Not far from the area was a small town and a resort that sat in-between the crevice of the mountains of Switzerland. Built a little higher from the towns was a large Catholic Church belonging to the Vatican.

Tsuchimikado, Stiyl and Awaki appeared out of nowhere in the pasture. Awaki landed on some cow waste and gritted in disgust. She shook of the brown and sticky mass off her boots. Tsuchimikado looked around the area and inspected the geographical surroundings. He followed the ground and tracked the area as if he was following something. His eyes went from the ground to the mountains in front of them.

"... There is a large ley lines here. If the Pope is planning on using this to create Armageddon, then he should have a transformer to direct the energies."

Tsuchimikado stared at the mountain; nearly hidden by the jagged rocks and snow, a pointed stone roof with a cross standing at the top.

"There."

The three disappeared again.

Base of Gimmelwald: Rotating Gondola: 1:15 PM

Touma and Misaka entered the waiting lobby of the large rotating gondola that would transport them and up to 60 other people into Gimmelwald. Most of the people there looked like young couples that were there to go hiking or backpacking. Touma and Misaka sat at a bench in the seating area, waiting for the next gondola to arrive. Mikoto looked around at their surroundings. Touring couples from around the world took pictures of themselves while posing for a memorable shot or cuddled together. It was the middle of summer, the universal time of vacation for everyone. Mikoto blushed as she looked around, fantasizing. Touma, not noticing any of it, continued to think about the well being of Index.

A voice from some speakers in the room turned on with a small clicking sound and a voice speaking in German spoke through. After finishing, another voice spoke speaking in French, Italian then English.

"Thank you for waiting~ The gondola has arrived, please prepare for your departure. Enjoy the scenery and have a wonderful time~~"

Mikoto listened to the French speaker and alerted Touma. People lined up by the door which slowly opened up revealing a large, rectangular gondola. Workers helped the people step into the large gondola and made sure no one slipped or fell. The gondola slowly filled with people and the doors closed. Despite it being filled, there was still quite the bit of room inside, enough to walk around. The people outside gave a thumbs up and the gondola swung forward slightly and began to lift upward into the mountains. Below them was the awesome landscape of Switzerland. Green grass, rocks, shrubs and pine trees flowed below them as they ascended. As they went higher up, a cascading water fall poured into a small pool. Mikoto stared through the window and pulled Touma over. Both were mesmerized by the sights. Eventually more people noticed the waterfall and the area around them became more crowded, pushing the two closer together. Mikoto blushed and Touma had an awkward face and avoided eye contact.

Galeazzo waited in the storage room used to house the two girls, Index and Last Order. He stroked their hair with a face of agony and despair. He was still torn, whether to allow Armageddon and end the world, or to stop the plan saving millions.

The door to the room opened, pouring in light from the outside. Another magician stepped in and smiled. He wore red robes with a large golden cross stitched onto the sides and the center.

"Are you bonding with the girls? C'mon, we're magicians, not pedophiles." Said the magician in red.

Galeazzo stopped stroking their heads and stood up.