Chapter 13

The white van Accelerator and Misaka Worst were riding in finally came to a stop at a trucking lot at some distribution center. Accelerator and Worst got out of the car and wandered around the lot. From the shadows, Unabara Mitsuki came out to greet them.

"How have you been, Accelerator-san."

"Shut up. Just take me to where you guys are holding up."

"Come."

Unabara led them to a large distribution container that was unattached to a truck, left idle in the lot. He hovered his hand over the lock, which glowed red and temporarily revealed some ancient Aztec characters and flew open like a garage door. Inside was Awaki and a cleaned up Tsuchimikado with an IV attached to his arm as well as a blood bag. A monitor showed his vital signs as he laid on some pillows placed on the floor.

"So this is where you were hiding the whole time."

"Yes, it was one of the best ways of going undetected." Smiled Unabara.

Inside the room was a makeshift surveillance station, first aid station and weapons table with ammunition and several fully automatic assault rifles, sub machine guns, pistols and shotguns.

"You sneaky son of a bitch." Accelerator grinned. "Almost makes me wish we weren't disbanded."

Misaka Worst ran up to the weapons table and pulled out her small handgun. It was a small 9 mm pistol, puny to the large low-recoil magnums invented by Academy City Arms Researchers. She picked up the magnum and compared the two guns. She came to the obvious conclusion and threw the 9 mm carelessly onto the table, pocketing the other more dangerous and more powerful weapon.

Accelerator noticed Tsuchimikado was unconscious and he was in a serious condition.

"Oi, what happened to him."

"He used magic more than 9 times earlier today. He lost almost all of his blood in the last spell he made. If she hadn't gotten him here, he would have been long dead. But if it weren't for him, we would never have this precious intel."

"That bastard, what's wrong with him."

The next morning, Touma woke up noticing that their position hadn't changed, except Mikoto had turned in her sleep and was hugging him as well. She was still sleeping peacefully and seemed to be having a good dream. Touma tried to get up, but Mikoto was holding him too tightly, despite her deceivingly deep slumber. Touma managed to sit up with Mikoto still holding onto him and placed his arm on the ground for support. Then, from behind Touma heard a sliding door open and a cool breeze entering the room.

"Oi, if you two were just going to cuddle together on the floor, you could have at least given me the bed." he said sharply rubbing his neck.

Styil closed the door and walked around Touma looking straight down at him.

"HEH!? We were not cuddling!" Touma shouted in defense blushing.

"Really?" Asked Styil rhetorically pointing at the peaceful Mikoto who was still hugging Touma despite him sitting up. Mikoto unconsciously pulled Touma closer to her and rubbed her head on him like a comfortable pillow. Cold sweat drops fell from Touma's head.

"Right." Said Styil walking back to the bathroom.

"..."

Mikoto made a faint smile, she must have been having a good dream.

Judgment HQ: 7:00AM

"Here you can see the twenty-four hotspots for vandalism and muggings in Academy City. Our intelligence department speculates that these are sectors controlled by dangerously armed Skill-Out factions."