Becoming a "Skinwalker"

WARNING: Do not attempt to actually perform this ritual. It is written purely for entertainment and is created from lore and my own creativity. If you don't enjoy stories that are somewhat disturbing I wouldn't recommend reading any of these.  Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________________

We will get to the actual ritual soon but first lets get you familiar with what exactly you are getting yourself into.

I do not know how to describe a Skinwalker to you other than it is a Native American or specifically Navajo Witch Doctors who has become corrupt and rather than healing and giving wisdom they haunt and curse those who fear them. Some say they can even possess you if you make direct eye contact. They feed off of fear and can become almost any animal. Though it is said they can only impersonate animals they have killed and skinned. Through these pelts and skins they are able to disguise themselves as these animals.

Once they become these Skinwalkers they naturally do not look human anymore. They will always have some animal like patches and will be more hairy, larger, lanky, and feel no empathy. They have significant speed and strength. They however cannot travel onto Sacred or Holy lands of Native Americans or Religions (Example: Church, Native American burial grounds). They enjoy toying with prey, become power hungry, and can even disguise their voices and disguise themselves as people they have skinned. They will only skin you if you show fear, and come in direct contact with them.

Nobody is really sure what happens after you have a fearful encounter with a Skinwalker. But more than likely it will not kill you. They will probably stalk you, torment you, and try to instill as much fear in you as possible to empower them. The more you fear them the more bold they will become in trying to take your skin. Whether they take your skin while you are dead or alive is debatable. Whether you live or die from the experience? It's hopeful that you are dead by the time they are done. Maybe they don't want your skin? What happens then? It is likely they will want your skin but if for some reason they don't they will tear you into small strips of flesh and either consume or decorate their home with your remains and use your bones for tools and ornaments/ accessories for their person. Skinwalkers cannot enter homes without permission and can make any animal noise or the general distress noise given off by a person from adult to infantile ages. They can be spotted in animal or human for as stiff, and unnatural, and when they are in any disguise they are unable to express facial emotions.

Now that you know what a Skinwalker is and you still want to become one allow me to explain the ritual. There are two ways to perform the ritual. The easy way is EXCLUSIVE to those who have Navajo blood running through their veins or are strong descendants of a Native American tribe in relation to the Navajo. If you have very little to no Native American heritage in relation to the Navajo then it becomes a bit more complicated but do not worry you are not excluded from being able to perform the ritual.

I shall first explain the easiest way to become a Skinwalker. AGAIN this ritual is exclusive to the Navajo and if you are to attempt this ritual without a noticeable percentage of Native American blood running through you then you have left yourself open to being possessed by a Skinwalker and your bloodline to be haunted and tormented by Skinwalkers. If you want this to happen or not is up to you.

To begin the ritual you must carve yourself a totem with some resemblance to the animal you believe to be your spirit guide, a inheritance from your Native bloodline (Necklace, beaded bracelet, tool, et. passed down by Native relative), a kilo of St. Johns Wort (can be replaced with Rosemary or Garlic), and an animal skin (preferably fresh),a traditional blade (not plastic handles), and a blood offering (yes your own blood).