Chapter 5

~Lily~

                                                                                          Wednesday, October 24

"Lily!" Kyle and I both stop, he takes his arm off my shoulder so I can turn around to see who is calling my name. I grab his hand instead. I see brunette hair bobbing up and down in the crowd. As the brunette hair gets closer, I know who for sure it is.

"Hey Moni." I say when she finally reaches us.

"Lily did you forget? Coach Bettler needs us to run errands for him all hour. We were supposed to be there as soon as lunch got over." She asks me. Her cheeks are red from running after us.

"Crap! I completely forgot. Kyle I have to go, but I'll meet you at your locker before eighth hour." I turn towards him.

"I'll wait for you there then. See you soon." He moves a strand of hair away from my face and tucking it behind my ear, then he is walking down the hall.

"He is just amazing." I let out a sigh watching him.

"Yeah yeah he's super hot, but we need to go like now!" She says pulling me down the hall. We start flat out running through the crowd, when we see any teachers we fast walk until they are out of sight. As we are running, I'm glad that its only study hall and not an actual class since I don't have my bag with my school stuff.

We get to Coach Bettler's room three minutes later and gasping for breath.

"Oh there you girls are, come here." For once he isn't that mad that we barely beat the bell. When we approach his desk he hands me four sheets of paper on each is placed a post it note.

"I need you girls to make copies of these, the number I need printed is on the post it. Once you have them all printed I need you to go around and give each of the football players one of each of those papers." He turns back to his computer.  Moni rolls her eyes when he isn't looking. I bump her shoulder a little bit to tell her to cut it out. We start to walk towards the door.

"Oh and I need you to get my mail out of the teacher's lounge please." He yells across the room.

"Okay." I reply to him. Moni and I walk through the open door. I take a glance back towards the class, noticing Nathan is not in there. I turn back around just in time to see Nathan right in front of me, before we almost run into each other.

"Watch where your going jerk." Moni says to him. He just glares at her and walks into the classroom.

"Oh Mr. Mueller how gracious of you to join us. You will get a tardy for being late to my class, now sit down." Coach Bettler says angrily.

"Yes sir." Nathan replies back.

"He should get detention for almost running into you." Moni says as we walk up the hall.

"But he didn't. So let's just drop it." I tell her.

"Really?" She asks shocked.

"What?" I reply back.

"Really your still protecting him? I thought you were done with him. You said you liked Kyle." She says angrily.

"No, I'm not protecting him! I'm just saying drop it, I can't really forget about him if you keep bringing him up every ten seconds. I do like Kyle which is why I'm trying to forget about Nathan completely." I whisper yell at her. Where did that come from? I wasn't angry before and I don't usually yell at my best friend for no reason.