Chapter 4

Recap:  I pull into the school parking lot and park in a spot closer to the school. I grab my stuff and walk towards the school. I have a huge smile on my face, because I can't wait until Nathan talks to me today. I push open the big school doors and head towards the office.

  "Good Morning, Lily." Charlotte, the secretary, tells me when I walk in.

  "Morning!" I say happily. I walk towards the back desk and start working on filing papers. 

  "Lily!" I hear Charlotte's voice. I blink my eyes and look over at her.

  "Yes?" I ask her.

  "You spaced out there for a minute. Anyways, would you mind showing our new student around the school? You would have plenty of time." She says.

  "Of course." I reply, nodding my head.  She points over to the main door. I look over and see.....

.................................................

   ~Lily's POV~

Wednesday, October 24

  I look over and see this tall guy with blonde hair. He has an amazing tan, so he moved here from someplace sunny, his blue eyes look at me. I get up and walk over to say hello.

  "Hhhh..hi." I say to the amazingly cute guy. I look down as I feel my face turning red. How embarrassing!

  "Hey. I'm Kyle." He replies to me with no tone of mocking in his voice. He has a slight accent, I'm thinking somewhere from the south. Would explain the tan.

  "I'm Lily and I guess I'll be your tour guide today." I reply happily, my lips form into a big smile.

  "Its my lucky day." He says smiling back. I hear Charlotte sigh and mumble "Young love." To herself. 

  Kyle motions towards the door and I nod my head quickly. He opens the door and let's me go through first.  Well one thing is for sure his mom raised him up very well.

  "So where did you move here from?" I ask as we walk down the hall, our footsteps echoing in the empty hallway.

  "Louisiana" he uses his full southern accent and I'm sure I'm going to melt!

  "What did you like about it?" I ask him interested.

  "The thing I loved the most was the sun. I spent a lot of my time outdoors. Most of my memories are when I was outside on nice sunny days." I miss what he says next because I'm just looking up at his eyes, which is really noticeable since I'm sure I'm a whole head shorter than him. He looks at me quizzically.

  "Sorry. What did you say?" I ask feeling heat rush to my cheeks.

  "I asked you what fun stuff there is to do here." He tells me, he doesn't seem mad at all. He must be the nicest guy I've ever met.

   "Lots of things. Like...." I search my head but it seems to have gone blank.

  Giggling I add,"Okay maybe not that much. But its a small town and everyone knows everyone. Its a really great community, kinda like a big family."

  "Sounds like a great place. I'm starting to think I'll like it here." I feel the hairs on my arms rise as he moves closer to me, so he won't run into a pole.

  I give him a shy smile,"Okay, we should probably start with your schedule. Can I see it real quick?"

  He hands it over and I feel a shock go through my arm when our hands touch. Did he feel that too? I look down at the piece of paper he has given me, but I can't stop thinking about his short blonde hair and those blue eyes always looking like they are smiling. It takes me three times of reading it over before things start to connect.