Chapter 2

~Lily~

                                                               (Still Tuesday, October 23)

                 Unfortunately, once we entered the library we saw a group of our friends sitting in the, what us teenagers called, the gossip corner. Monica walked straight over to them and plopped down in a bean bag. I sat down beside her in a chair I pulled up.

          "Hey, guys. So guess who Lil's likes again and it’s not a good person." She tells all our friends while glaring at me. Before I can reply everyone starts talking in hushed whispers.

               "Who?" Emily asked interested.

          "Who cares?" Janice asked. She never was one for gossiping about guys or secrets.

         "Oh please tell me it’s not Nathan," Dana pleaded.

Monica starts nodding at Dana.

           "Ding ding we have a winner." Monica said in a fake enthusiasm voice. All of the girls start staring at me like I'm insane.

        "I don't like him! God I never did in the first place." I say with a touch of attitude in my voice.

          "Oh please a year ago that's all you could talk about." Emily states.

        "Do you think he likes me?? Oh hee, hee he's looking at me." Dana said trying to copy my voice.

         "I don't talk like that!" I said squealing. We all start cracking up in laughter. Then Emily snorts and we all start a new wave of laughter.

       "But really please don't fall for him again. We all know he is an a** and I know you know that as well." Moni says after we have all calmed down.

      "Moni if you don't stop using that kinda language around me I'm going to lose it. I am not falling for him again. Why would I, after he hurt me so badly?" I ask them all.

       "Because Lil's your just to forgiving. He will come begging on his knees and you'll forgive him and then he will hurt you again. Please...just listen to us for once." Em tells me. I look at the other end of the room.

      "Fine, I won't talk to him or even look at him." I say with emotion in my voice that I didn't think would come out.

       "Why do you sound sad?? He's a jerk; he doesn't deserve you or your love. Just look at you he is hurting you and he hasn't even said anything to you." Monica asked me.

          "I know. Okay I'm fine. So how are you and Sean?? Oops I mean your boy toy." I look at her as she starts going on and on about her boyfriend. I love that she is happy and that the attention is no longer on me. But why can't I stop thinking about Nathan??

                                                             <Nathan>

                                                           (Still Tuesday)

          The minute the bell rings, I'm out of my seat and out the door in a flash. I don't run down the hall but I am practically running. As I pass the library, I look in and she is no longer in there. I slow my pace and start looking for her as I pass lockers. I see her about 5ft ahead of me and she is talking with one of her friends, not the one from class but a blonde. I curse softly to myself because I can't talk to her if she is with her friend. I start walking again but I notice her friend leaving so I approach her locker when her friend is out of view.