Chapter Six

Heyyy!! I know that it's been toooo long since my last update and I've probably lost most (if not all) of my readers. But those of you who are reading this, thanks. Really. It means a lot that you have taken time today to read this chapter even though you're probably just doing this because you're super bored and havefinished with all the books in your library haha :p So anyway, thanks for sticking with me. 💙💖 And now, you may proceed.

And also, P.S. Be free to me if there are any mistakes or just your general opinion about this chapter. It's not really my best work, and I would love it if you could give me some headers.

Chapter Six

"Umm...yes, well-"

Suddenly, Tyler stumbled out one of the bedrooms and ran to the door, his hand already on the doorknob. "Hey wait! Where are you going?" I called out hurriedly to him. He spun around, finally registering my presence. "Willow, sorry but I'm terribly late for my job. I'll catch up with you sometime later."

"You can't do that!" He raised an eyebrow at my eager self. "Why not?"

"You have a date today! In fact, you have a date in-" I took a quick glance at my watch. "- about half an hour."

"Come on, you're seriously not still pushing it, are you? I never really agreed to it. I said I would 'think about it'." He answered blatantly.

"If this is about your job at the bookstore, don't bother. I know that you've got a day off today. So, you better not use that excuse." I insisted.

"Why are you so eager for me to go out with that friend of yours?"

I stopped short. That was undeniably a good point. Why was I so hell bent on doing this for Michelle? It wasn't obligatory.

My tone of voice changed as I indignantly muttered, "Yeah whatever. Don't go if you don't want to. I'm sorry, I'll leave now."

"Calm down Willow, jeez! I was just kidding. I'll go." He said, one foot already out the door. "Anything for you."

"That's great but you'd better change. Does anyone in the right mind go for a date dressed up like that?" I scrunched up my nose, eyeing his crumpled Batman tee and faded jeans.

"You're one to talk." He said, mimicking my expression. I looked down at what I was wearing. A simple top, jacket and jeans. My daily 'uniform'.

"What's wrong with this? I dress the same way every day."

"Exactly! You wear nothing but that. I have never seen you once without your jacket."

That was true, as much as I hated to admit it. That's all I wore. The only time I dressed up decently recently was when I dressed up for that blind date with Jaden (which turned out to be Chris). The rest of the time, wherever I went, I was bundled up in my quintessential jacket. The reason wasn't that it was chilly outside or that I wasn't keeping well, it was mainly because I felt....... safe. Safe from all my insecurities, safe from the many formidable things of the world.

Does that make sense? It may not, it may even sound absurd, but it's just one of my quirks, that all.

I smiled, while narrowing my eyes at him. "Are you just stalling in order to ditch your date?"

I recited the directions to where he had to go. He sighed in defeat and turned back to go inside. Five minutes later he was out the door and on his way to the bistro where Michelle was waiting for him, or at least I hoped he was.

"So....I think I'd better be on my way now." I mumbled hesitantly to the roommate who was left behind.

"Do you have someplace you need to be right now?" Jaden asked, his demeanor friendly and expectant.