two

for kayla, because her stories make me question myself and her tumblr is my entire life

TWO 

"Wait, what?!" Landon screeches.

Kendra's mouth drops open, Brady runs an angry hand through his hair and leans back into his seat, Landon slams his fists onto the table, and I let out a tired sigh as I finish telling my friends the final details of what went down between Ford and I yesterday. I knew that they would all freak out, considering how much they hate Ford for no reason, but I didn't expect Landon to become violent or for Kendra to be so surprised. After all, it's no secret that I'm incredibly good at making a fool of myself around Ford.

"Where the hell is he?" Landon stretches his neck, actually attempting to look for Ford when he knows just as well as I do that Ford switched lunches at the beginning of the second semester—which was a month ago. "I swear to God when I find him—"

"What, Landon?" Kendra groans. "What could you possibly do to Ford Turner?"

"I could shove his balls up his ass," Landon bluntly replies, causing me to giggle softly.

Landon has never been, and still isn't, the violent type. He's usually our leader because of his headstrong and sometimes bossy personality, but it's completely contradicted by his big heart and impeccable loyalty. But when he's upset, like right now, he can take on this facade of a tough guy who will punch anyone that so much as breathes on him. In reality though, he wouldn't hurt a fly.

"You're the only human in the world who's been graced with that pitiful mutation." Kendra comments teasingly. "And besides, if you so much as touched Ford your ass would be grass."

Kendra Gilmore is probably the friend that I'm the closest with, besides Ford. She's sarcastic and incredibly pessimistic, which only ends up becoming humorous when people don't understand her or peg her as a bitch. What others outside of our friend circle don't know is that she's actually a really down to earth person. A few years ago, Kendra and her family were homeless thanks to her fathers job loss and her mothers bout with cancer. Sadly, she died, but left behind a good chunk of money that she had been saving up for Kendra and her little sisters so that they were able to get back on their feet. Now Kendra does all sorts of things for breast cancer awareness like triathlons and fundraisers, and also volunteers at a homeless shelter every weekend.

"You think I care what Ford thinks? After what he did to Lea?" Landon screeches once more, this time making me jump in my leggings. "Hell no, not this time. He's gone too far."

"He didn't do anything." I pipe from my seat between Brady and Kendra as I cross my arms over my chest. "We just ... talked." I can't help but smile slightly at the memory, before its all washed away by the reminder that he'll never be mine. "It was more of a positive than a negative."

"Since when did manipulation and creepiness become a positive thing?" Landon wonders with a bitter laugh. "Jeez, what in the hell has this world come to."

"I'll tell you what." Brady sits up from his chair. "All I know, is Ford better grow a pair of eyes behind his head because like Lan said, he went too far."

Brady, as well as Landon, is never really one to pick fights. He's sweet and funny, with soft dimples and a chiseled face to go along with his attractive personality. If it weren't for Ford, than I'm almost positive that Brady would be the guy that i would fawn and loose my dignity over.