The Hood Life 2- Money Well Spent

T I E R R A

I was getting ready to head to Monroe Louisiana, 45 minutes away from down town Louisiana, to look for a decent crib for Javier and I. I finished up my Kardashian curls and turned off my pink Hello Kitty flat irons. I fixed the strap on my Marc Jacob's gladiator sandals before putting my freshly cleaned diamond heart belly ring in. I grabbed the keys to my brand new Dodge Charger and my new Findi clutch and headed out of the hotel. I hopped into my Car, let back my sun roof, and peeled out of the parking lot. I enjoyed the new car smell while I traveled to Monroe. About 30 minutes into my drive I received a call from an unknown number. I answered the phone a little hesitant.

" He-- Hello" I answered.

"Biiiioootch, wassup?" A familiar voice sounded through the phone.

"Trav?" I asked, enthusiastically, I knew his voice from anywhere.

" Biiitch yes!, What's up?, you just dissapeared off the face of the got dam earth!" Trav replied. I missed this nigga so freaking much, I haven't talked to him since shit got hot a couple months ago.

" Nah it ain't nun like that, you know shit kinda hot for me in the D right now!, but BITCH, what's been good?, an how the hell did you get my number! " I asked.

" Girl, don't I know! I had to shake yo nigga down for it up in the strip joint, But I been on the same shit that I was on, what?, three months ago!, An I been going to Hudsul's to visit Shayla!" Trav replied.

" Really?, How she been?" I asked, a little concerned.

" Ya girl looking real bad Tee!, But you know, She tryna take it day by day" Trav replied. I shook my head and bit down on my bottom lip, I almost wanted to cry, hearing that from Trav really made me feel some type of way!. I would have never thought that Shayla would be the one to go crazy, She was always so strong and well grounded.

" Damn!, You just don't know how much I miss y'all! " I replied. My eyes began to fill with warm tears , I really did miss the old days when it was just me, Trav, Shayla, and Mea against the world, laughing together and talking shit to each other. I knew I had to end this phone call soon because my guilty concious was getting the best of me right now, thinking about my Twin being locked up and Krys in a coma, everything just started to rush back to me all at once.

" Tierra?.......... TIERRA?" Trav yelled through the phone, I was so deep in thought, that I didn't even realize Trav was talking to me, let alone calling my name.

" Look Trav, I gotta go!, I'll call you later so we can finish catching up!" I replied. I hung up the phone before Trav could even give a goodbye. I pulled up in the drive way of 1258 Maubury Road and killed the engine. I rested my head against my wood grain steering wheel and started to cry my heart out. I was never this emotional, I don't know what's wrong with me, I don't even know where all this emotion was coming from all of a sudden. Maybe I just needed to cry and let it all out. I countinued to cry for about five minutes straight, until a knock on my car window startled me. I quickly looked up to see a thick red bone women who looked to be in her mid 20's, knocking on my black tinted window. I assumed she was the Landlord so I wiped my tear stained eyes and hopped out the whip.

" Hi, I'm Amber, the landlord... and you must be Tatiana, Right? " She said while extending her hand for me to shake. I shook her hand before replying, " Yes I am, Nice to meet you!" She looked at me with worry spread across her face.

" I don't mean to be all up in your business, but, is everything OK?" Amber asked while resting her hand on my upper back.

" Yea, I'm good, I just have a lot going on right now!" I replied, She nodded her head in understsnding and unlocked the house.