8: Feelings

The four stepped inside the grand mansion and gazed at the sight.

Pacifica came walking to Bill in a summery orange dress with a drink in her hand. "Glad you could make it, cutie."

Then she noticed Mabel and her friends. "Sorry girls. You can't be here if you didn't get in invitation and I'm pretty sure I didn't give you one."

"It's okay." Bill smiled at Mabel. "They're with me."

Pacifica's jaw dropped. "Seriously? Why them?"

"I think they're cool." Bill shrugged.

Pacifica shrugged and walked away.

"Thanks Bill." Mabel smiled.

"No problem." Bill winked.

"Hey Mabel," Grenda said, "let's go mingle and party!"

"You guys go on. I'll catch up with you." Mabel blushed.

Candy and Grenda looked at each other and smiled. Then they looked back at Mabel and winked and then ran off.

"I've never really been to a party." Bill looked around. "I thought they would be more...interesting."

"What is your definition of interesting?" Mabel asked.

"You know like people crashing off the walls and breaking furniture." Bill laughed.

"Like in the movies?" Mabel chuckled.

"I've never seen a movie." Bill looked at Mabel.

"Oh." Mabel hesitated. "I'll take you to one sometime."

Then it got quiet between the two and Mabel's face turned red. "Oh, not like that. I meant so maybe we can start over and maybe be...friends?"

Bill chuckled. "I know you like me, Shooting Star."

Mabel blushed. "Well this is embarrassing."

"Don't be embarrassed." Bill smiled. "Because I like you too."

"Wait what?" Mabel's jaw dropped.

"Yeah." Bill nodded. "Ever since I became a human I had feelings for you."

"That's why you're going to school here isn't it?" Mabel asked. "To see me?"

"That's part of it." Bill smiled.

Mabel didn't know what else to say. She awkwardly looked around until Bill held her hand.

"Come on, Shooting Star," Bill said, "time to show me your dance moves."