5: Trust

When no one was around, Dipper started asking questions.

"Okay, Bill, why are you here? And how are you human?"

"Long story, kids, but I'll make it short for ya." Bill leaned against Mabel's locker.

"Tell us." Mabel said.

Bill nodded. "I wanted to know what it was like to be human. So, I made a deal with my friend so I could be human. Most of my demon powers are gone now except for mind reading and teleporting."

"You gave up your powers, immortality, and strength to become a human?" Dipper tilted his head.

"That's correct!" Bill smiled.

"No offense, but that sounds kinda dumb, Bill." Mabel said.

"It's my choice." Bill shrugged.

"So now what? Are you going to taunt us and tease us in school?" Dipper asked.

"Yeesh kid, relax. I'm not that bad anymore, okay?" Bill smiled and looked at Mabel, who looked away.

"Just stay away from us," Dipper crossed his arms, "and we'll be just fine."

"Two small problems." Bill said.

"What's that?" Dipper tilted his head.

"I have Algebra II with you and Mabel and I also have Spanish class with Mabel." Bill smiled.

Dipper's eyes widened. "You have a class with Mabel without me?"

Bill nodded. "Yeah."

"You don't even need to take Spanish class!" Dipper said. "You know every language that exists!"

"Actually I don't anymore." Bill scratched his head. "That was another part of the deal."

Dipper looked at his sister. "Mabel? Are you okay?"

Mabel looked at him. "Yeah I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"You're being kinda...quiet." Dipper said. "Did Bill do anything to you?"

"Woah!" Bill raised his hands. "Why do you automatically assume it's me?"

"Because I don't trust you." Dipper glared at Bill.

"Good excuse." Bill nodded.

"Dipper, I'm fine." Mabel smiled. "I just wanna go home. I'm starving."

"I can transport you two home." Bill smiled.

"No way." Mabel shook her head. "You'll probably transport us somewhere far like Missouri or Alaska."

Bill laughed. "I can see you believing that. But I won't do that. Promise."

"The shack isn't that far away." Mabel dragged her brother as she walked away. "We're walking."