Chapter 12

The note read -

"I'm not quite sure how to start off this letter. Maybe I should just go back to how it started. I will never forget the day we met. The incident that brought us together. It's funny how we met. I use to imagine me telling our kids how we meet, and when we got old we would share our stories with other elders. It's funny the things I imagine. Sometimes I close my eyes and take a trip back to my memories and remember every second spent with you. How we use to mess around and joke about the things we did. Our walks on the beach and our late movie nights. Even our arguments I tend to remember. Remember the hours we spent fighting? And how we just ended up back in each others arms that night. It hurt when we argued. I use to cry in the bathroom and pray that things would get better. I know things between us weren't prefect but we tried and gave it our all. Maybe one day we'll cross each others paths and make things work. But until then all I can do is hope. I know I'm not prefect, but neither is the rest of the world. My first thoughts in the morning are the ones that I wish that could happen. Just know that it's you that I will always cherish, the one that I'll always love. The one who will always have a place in my heart. Forever and always. We belong together and I know it. One day the plans we planned out for our future will come true. I wonder if you're deep asleep right now. It's 11pm right now and all I can do is write to you and tell you how much I miss you. It makes me feel alive. I miss being wrapped around your arms. I miss your warm loving kisses. Your voice, and cute text messages. I escape my reality by thinking of you. You were my support. I use to think we were inseparable. But now look. I was lucky to have you in my life. Every second spent with you were seconds that I'll never forget. I hope that you get a chance to read this because the most important thing that I want to tell you is I forgive you. It did hurt what you did because I felt humiliated! You didn't care about my feelings. I think you should think things through before you say it. I may not understand what goes through your mind but just wondering gives me a little clarification. I don't know if Michele told you but the ones you love will always be there even when the fame is gone. I will always love you, till the end of time. Forever and always. I promise.

-Truly Yours, Jasmine"

I folded the letter and put it in my pocket.

"Merry Christmas darling!" My dad softly said trying not to wake me up in such a harsh way. He had a present in his hand.

"Merry Christmas dad" I softly said trying not to spread my morning breath.

"This is for you!" He said handing me the present.

I smiled and unwrapped it. It was a white diamond necklace that had a beautiful angel on it. I began to tear up when he told me why he got it.

"Even when I wasn't there for your whole life I thought of you and I prayed to God to send you an angel to protect you."

I hugged him and we stayed there in silence.

"I forgave you a long time ago. Thank you." I choked up a little "but can you please do me a favor? I have this letter that I need to send out can you just drop it off at the post office. I know they're closed but leave it in the mail box thingy." I continued.

"Sure. Dinner tonight. Sorry that I have to work again." He apologized and began to get ready for work.

When he got back from work we went to dinner, ate, talked, and went back to the hotel. The same for new years day. I got use to the same routine and honestly didn't mind.

*1 week later*

I hoped that Austin got my letter but I wouldn't know since I didn't write my address so he could reply. I mean what was I going to put? 'at a hotel'? I just left it blank.

That day I was extremely bored. There was nothing on TV and it was raining. I got on my dads laptop and listened to music on Pandora and read the book called 'Tuck Everlasting'. I have read the book over a million times but never got tired of it. While reading the book I thought of Austin. I couldn't get him out of my thoughts. I missed him so much and I wanted to be wrapped up in his arms once more. Aussie saw me crying and she jumped on the bed with me and licked my face. I hugged her and logged into Twitter. I made a new account so Austin wouldn't know I logged into my old account. I went on his page and there it was, his twitter page that had me on nearly everything. His icon was a picture of him and I. His header was a collage of pictures of him and I. And his tweets were indirects towards me. I got butterflies. Many people had made many fan accounts of him and I. It was so sweet.

His latest tweet read 'The note I received >>>'

He got my letter. I was happy but I wasn't ready to go back to him. Though I forgive I don't forget. It hurt. I felt disowned yet again. Just thinking about it made me angry. It had stopped raining so I decided to go to the park with Aussie.