Chapter 1

It's been exactly five months since I was forceed to leave home. I liked the quiet so it didn't bother me. I lived alone in Miami with my dog, Aussie. My dad offered me his condominium when he heard that I had no place to go. It's not like if he cared or anything. He divorced my mom when I was only two months old. He never tried to look for us nor reach out to us. We got back in contact a few months ago. One of his sisters, my aunt, saw us in Walmart and gave us his number. His job had him traveling a lot so he was never in the condo. So yes technically it was mine.

I dropped out of high school and got my GED. Something is something right? Leaving school sucked because I had to leave my two best friends behind, Cristina and Esmeralda, they were like sisters to me. We kept in contact but not as much. They knew what I was going through so they respected that I needed space to myself.

*phone rings* "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Esmeralda screamed on the other side of the phone. Oh that's right it's my birthday, alomst forgot.

"Thank you doll" I replied in a sad tone.

"Cristina and I wanted to take you out skating today. There's this sick indoor skateboarding arena that's in Miami so go get ready!" Esmeralda said.

"I'm not in the mood today" I said yawning, it was 8 in the morning and I was exhausted, even though I did want to go because I missed skating and skating was my life!

"Well we don't care tell her we're going to pick her up at 8:30 so she better be ready!" I heard Cristina say in the background.

"You can't live the rest of your life inside, you have to get out have fun enjoy your youth!" Esmeralda pleaded!

"Okay, but I don't want to be out too late, I want to be home early!" I protested.

You heard Cristina squeal in the background "Yey! Be there in 27 minutes, love you bye!" Esmeralda hung up quick. 

I dragged my lifeless body to the bathroom. Aussie ran up behind me when she heard me wake up. I turned around to pet her on the head, she licked my hand and wagged her tail uncontrollably. I've had Aussie for 2 years, the brown boxer who I found one night in the streets while on a date with him.

"Don't think about him Jasmine, that's the past!" I told myself while looking at the mirror. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and jumped in the tub. When out, I began to put on my make up.

*knock knock*

"I'm coming!" I screamed. I unlocked the door and all I see was Cristina and Esmeralda standing there with beautiful smiles on their faces and flowers in both of there hands. I felt loved. I haven't seen them in almost a whole month.

"Girl get out of that towel and put something cute on!" Cristina said.

I giggled and walked towards my room. They placed the flowers on the table and followed me in my room. I picked out some sweats and an old black t-shirt.

"Gross what's that? You're not wearing that! Grab some cute shorts and a pretty shirt!" Esmeralda said while throwing my sweats and t-shirt in my dirty clothes hamper. They both went to my closet and chose high waist shorts, a chic white Nike tank top, and grabbed my Nikes to match with it.

"I'm not wearing this! I haven't wore these clothes in months! I don't feel comfortable" I said in a concerned/mad voice.

"We don't care, you're not going out looking depressed!" Cristina shot back. I rolled my eyes, grabbed the clothes and walked to the bathroom to change.

"Hmm, this is pretty cute" I said softly while i changed in the bathroom.

"Yeah we know hurry up!!!" Esmeralda had heard me, I grinned.

I grabbed my wallet and keys and kissed Aussie bye.

We walked into the indoor skateboarding park. It was weird because we were the only girls there. There was a group of 4 boys and a really tall buff man there. And another bigger group of guys there.

"Just relax, you love skating. Just remember that we're here for you" Cristina whispered I'm my ear. She's right, I need to move on and relax. I was actually really happy to be out of the condo and in a skate park again. 

We skated for about 20 minutes when a random group of girls ran in screaming with excitement.

"Some girls have obviously never seen a sweating guy skating before" Esmeralda joked. The girls ran towards the group of 4 boys and the weird buff man. I ignored the squealing and continued to skate. Eventually the girls left, but then another girl walked in. It looked like she wanted to take a picture with the group.

"Hey I'll be right back I'm going to put our stuff in a locker so no one steals our stuff!" I said. Concerned because of all these random girls coming in and out. I walked behind the girl and guy so I wouldn't cross in front of their picture. Maybe I was way too close because when I was right behind them the guy swung his skate board over his shoulder and wacked me in the face! I fell to the ground with my hands covering my face. I felt the blood running from my nose. I heard people talking but I was in so much pain I couldn't make out what they were saying. I uncovered my face for 2 seconds and saw the one responsible for my injury. Austin Mahone.