Cease-Fire

Peeta POV

This morning I got up feeling sick. It's my fault Katniss was taken from us, I wish she was here, I hope she's ok and knows we'll come for her. I looked at my arm I have to be in the control room in less than 5 minutes. I guess I better go today, I've been skipping most days, due to the fact I just couldn't be bothered and i'm just depressed all the time.

When I got to the control room about 15 other people where huddled around the large TV. Haymitch and Gale were there. I couldn't quite see what was going on until I heard Ceaser Flickerman's voice come on. I barged through half the people and arrived at the TV screen. There she was, Katniss.

She looked different, I couldn't quite put my finger on it till I looked up closer. There where scars and bruises all over her body. The capital have tried to hide it with make-up. But the scars a distinctive and clear. I turn around to Haymitch, we both have the same worried look on our faces. Katniss was acting a smile on her face, you can see the pain she's in just by looking into her eyes. I listen to Ceaser's and Katniss's conversation.

Ceaser: So, Katniss. Its nice to see you,

Katniss: Thank you, Ceaser

Ceaser: Katniss, i'm sure everyone is thinking this right now but could you tell us what happened the arena just before you were declared the winner?

Katniss: Well, Ceaser. To put it in shorter words for everyone to understand. The people I thought I knew turned out to be backstabbers.

Ceaser: Do you mean Haymitch and the rebels?

Katniss: Yes, they took Peeta away from me. We trusted Haymitch and he let us down now Peeta gone and I may never see him again.

Ceaser: Katniss do you have something to say to the Rebels?

Katniss: Uhhh (hesitation) Yes, I do. (loudly and saying towards the camera) This war needs end, if this fighting keeps going on there may not be anyone left, and well go extinct. Too many lives have already been lost. Peeta if you are watching this I just wanted to say ' I love you ', please people of panem think about what I said

Ceaser: So what are you saying. You want a cease-fire.

Katniss: (paused for a couple seconds) Yes I am calling for a cease-fire. That's all

Ceaser: Ok, (standing with Katniss) this is Katniss Everdeen the winner of the 75th hunger games!!! (everyone standing and cheering)

Before I can understand everything she said i'm snapped back to reality when the TV was turned off. I could hear everyone both talking and whispering. Everyone's talking about the cease fire notion Katniss talked about. It got so upsetting I just had to leave. Before I could run away, Coin grabbed my arm but I shook it loose.

(To be continued)