Everybody's Gone Surfin'... Surfin' USA

After we finally make it through immigration, we speed through the everything else. Our baggage is collected in record time and customs cleared without a blink. Before we know it, we're outside LAX waiting around for a taxi.

"Daad, there's tons of cabs over there, why can't we just catch one of them?" Alex moans. I know how he feels. I just want to get home, get into my new bed, and sleep forever.

"Because Alex," my father says, "your agent has very kindly booked us a car, and we will wait here for it because that is the polite thing to do."

"Wait," I say, my brain not quite comprehending this, "Alex has an agent?"

"Yes, of course he does hun. All actors do. He needs someone to book him auditions and interviews and organise his schedule."

"Why can't one of you do it? I mean, what are you going to be doing here other than lazing around on your butts all day?"

"For your information sweetie, I am setting up my own medical practice," dad says, "I've gotten some of the best GP's, gynacologists and pediatricians from around the state to come together so we can get this thing up and running." I gasp. No one told me this. Somehow, it's making our stay here seem much more permanent.

"But, dad..." I stammer, feeling hurt and winded for some reason.

"Hunny, I know that it's tough, but we can pull through this okay?" my mum says.

"And what are you going to be doing?" I question her, although it sounds rather harsh. She doesn't notice and instead looks really proud.

"I'm going to be working with the FBI, as their head of Criminal Pshycology. They read my resume and were thouroughly impressed with it, may I say."

"Thanks for informing me of all this guys. Thanks so much for giving me the lowdown before we left Hong Kong! Thanks so much for giving me TWO FREAKING WEEKS NOTICE that we were LEAVING!!" I'm yelling now, and tears are streaming down my face. I didn't want to be this mad at my parents, I know that they were trying so hard to make all this easier on me, but I couldn't help it. The feelings that I had been trying to bottle up when I was on the plane with Matt were now coming out. I was tired, grumpy, dirty, fed up and I missed my best friend. I wanted to get on the next plane back to Hong Kong and pretend like this never, ever happened. The people standing around us are giving us super weird looks, but I don't care. I want to go home. My parents both look shocked and upset, which makes me feel guilty, which then just makes me madder. They shouId be upset, they deserved it. Bringing me out here, making me leave everything I've ever known behind. My dad clears his throat.

"Oh, look the c-car is here." I turn around in disgust, and I am then shocked by the huge limo stretched out in front of us.

"Holy Crap." My brother whispers. He then bounds through the open limo door, and I hear him cry out from inside:

"THIS IS SO COOL!" My mother and father laugh at his antics and follow him into the car. The Chauffer comes out to put the luggage into the back, while I just stand there; looking at the car in front of me.

"Aren't you going to get in?" The Chauffer asks me. I turn my head, and then pull back a little when I see his pretty hazel eyes. He looks around twenty, and has a handsome face and a wide grin. What is it with this place and hot guys? Is there some law around here or something that prevents dudes from being ugly? I huff in response and slide into the car, hearing the Chauffer chuckle behind me. I look around at the interior of the limo. It's very, very, very, very nice. Its all walnut panneling and soft, dark leather.

"How cool is this Tally?!" I hear my brother say, his face positively beaming at me. At that moment, I let all my anger wash away. I decide that if Alex is happy, then I am happy, because nothing matters more to me than my little brother.

"Its awesome Lex!"

"Will we be allowed to ride to school in this dad? Pretty, pretty please?"

"I dunno Lex, I think Tim only booked the car for one day."

"Aww."

"Actually," says a new voice, "this car is yours to keep. As are my services." Its the Chauffer, the one who laughed at me.

"Um... well thanks. That's great." My father says.

"Oh, no don't thank me, thank Tim. He sets up all this stuff. I just drive people around. I'm Gordy by the way."

"Chris, my wife is Ashleigh and the kids are Alexander and Talitha."

"Pleasure to meet you all."

"Don't call her Talitha though," my brother points out, "or she'll have your balls on a silver platter."

"Alexander!" my mother excaims, but Gordy is cacking himself. My father has to hold in a snicker. I just huff and dig my phone out of my shorts pocket. I see that I have a text from Phoebe.

BABE! how is LAAAAA?? see eny hotttiiess yet? ;) i miss u soo much alreddyy we need a skype sesh ASAP!!! blake is missin ya too, and everyone cant stop talking about u :( wish u were here SO MUCH xxxxxxxxxxxxx I LOVE U 4EVA BESTIE <3<3

I smile at Phoebe's sweet message and text her back:

heyyyyyyy LA is alrighttt i suppose. there r sooo many hotties here tho, sat next to 1 on the plane, will fill u in l8ter coz folks r in the car. :/ i miss uuu soo mucchh as well and i will skype the second i have my internet set up XXXXXXX I LOVE U TOOOOOOO SAY HI TO EVERY1 4 ME!! <3 <3 <3 <3

I slide my phone back into my pocket and gaze out the window. We're passing a beach at the moment, and I can see dozens of tiny black dots out in the waves, riding on their colourful boards.

"Decent swell..." I murmur to myself, but Gordy hears me.

"You into surfing?" I shrug.

"I'm pretty good, weren't many waves back in Hong Kong though."

"There's a beach pretty close to where you guys are living, pretty good swell too. You should come and check it out. The crowd down there is great; most of them are pretty wicked surfers too." I nod. Sounds pretty cool.

"We're getting pretty close now." Gordy informs us, and Lex and I both start looking out the windows. It looks like a really fancy neighbourhood, all massive, gated houses and perfectly trimmed hedges. I'll bet that when they cut the grass they measure it, so every blade is exactly one inch long. Gordy takes a right turn, and then a left, and then we are pulling up to a huge gate, through which I can see a long sloping driveway. Gordy leans out the window and presses the doorbell.

"Who's there?" I hear a voice crackle through the intercom.

"Got your home owners right here." Gordy replies. The intercom shuts off, and the gates open. Gordy drives us up the slop until we reach the house.

"HOLY FREAKING SHIT!" Alex screams, "THAT'S OUR HOUSE??!!!"

YAAAAAY quite a few chappies uploaded. KEEPP READDINGG GUYSSS U ALL ROCCKKK :) haha xxxxxxxxxx