Bonus Chapter: Lambert Thanksgiving

Landon enters the kitchen and he makes himself a coffee. He holds up the pot. "Do you want one?"

I nod. "What are we doing for thanksgiving tonight? I really want to spend the night with my family. Mariana and George are back."

Landon walks over to the kitchen table and places my cup on the table. "I was thinking about having lunch at Mum's and then we go to your parents. That way we can spend time with both families."

I run over to him and hug him. "Thank you."

I move back to the pan and flip the bacon over. I pull the bread down and wait for it to cook. When it pops I put it on the plate and put the bacon and eggs on it. I take it over to Landon. "Breakfast, is served."

I put a slice of bread down for myself and cook a slice of bacon. The fat from the bacon hits my am and I move away from the pan.

When the toast pops I put the bacon on it and walk over to the table. I look at Landon. "What time are we going to your parents?"

"We'll leave here at eleven. Do we have to dress up for the Thanksgiving dinner at your parents place?"

"I don't know. I'll call Sasha."

Just then the doorbell rings and I walk over to it. Sasha is standing there with Dimitri. "Are you going to invite us in?" she asks.

I open the door for her and The President's Son. I look out the door and see six bodyguards in the yard. "I see your Dad gave you more Bodyguard's after what happened at the Lamberts."

Dimitri nods. "The security will be tripled the size tonight at The Lambert Thanksgiving. My parents might stop by as well."

I smile. "I like your parents." I look at my sister. "Sasha, do we need to dress up for Thanksgiving?"

She nods. "Mum and Dad will have a huge party that will start at nine. So, dressing up is mandatory. Now, show me your dresses. I want to know what colour your wearing so we won't show up to the party wearing the same colour."

On the way up the stairs I hear the doorbell ring.

Why is everyone showing up right now?

I turn to Sasha. "I'll be up in a minute." I walk back down the stairs and open the door.

Amelia and her husband are there with the kids.

I invite them in.

Amelia shows me the bag in her hand. "I got an invite to a party at The Lambert house and I thought you'd like a dress to wear. I had this dress made up three days ago and it was delivered this morning."

"Come up to my room and I'll try it on."

Amelia follows me up to the bedroom.

I open the door and find Sasha going through the cupboard. She steps away from the cupboard as I enter my room. She looks at Amelia. "Hey," she looks at the dress. "What do you have in there?"

Amelia unzips the bag and she pulls out a beautiful lilac one shouldered dress that has a split up the thigh and at the back it dips down, which will reveal my back when I put it on.

That's beautiful.

I move toward the dress and touch it. "It's so beautiful. Thank you, Amelia."

Amelia looks at the dress. "There's only four of these dresses and they are all different colours. There's Callie, Aurora, yours and mine. Aurora's one is light pink, Callie's is yellow and mine is red."

"Are you all wearing yours tonight?"

She nods. "I was thinking that we all should enter the party together. That way we tell everyone that LA's Angels are here."

I laugh. "I can't believe I'm going to do this at my parent's party and reveal myself as an LA's Angel."

***

At 6pm, we pull into the driveway at The Lamberts. The security team lets us through and we make our way up the drive. Landon parks the car in front of the garage and I step out of the car.

Mum and Dad exit the house and they hug me. "Hi,"

Mum pulls me into the house. "I want to show you your bedroom. Since, we're having a party tonight I don't want you and your husband to drive home in the middle of the night." She takes me up the stairs and shows me to the room at the end of the corridor on the second floor. She opens the door revealing a purple room. "This was your room until you were taken from us. Every year you got older I added one thing from that year to your room. I left presents for you every birthday and every Christmas you were gone." She opens the cupboard for me.

I walk over to the cupboard and look at each and every present in there waiting to be opened. I hug. "Do you mind if I open them?"

Mum shakes her head.

Landon walks into the room followed by Robbie, Logan and Josh.

Landon sits next to me as I pull them all out. He looks at me. "Do you want help opening them?"

I nod.

Landon and I sit there ripping open all the presents.

This is too much.

As I look at all the things Mum brought for me over the years I start crying. "This shouldn't have happened to you and I, Mum."

Mum rises and she pulls me into her arms. We cry.

Landon opens the last present and gives me the box. "You should open this box with your mother. Your brothers and I will be downstairs when you're ready to come down."

I hear the guys leave the room.

Mum touches my hand. "Don't get mad when you open the box."

I open the box and I find a beautiful 9 ct gold necklace with my initial on it. Well not my name but the birth name I was given.

I place the box on the floor. "It's beautiful, Mum. I won't be wearing that necklace. I can't change my name from Mikayla as that's who I am. I'm not going to use the birth name you gave me as I don't have a connection with that name. I'm sorry."

Mum holds me. "I don't want you to change your name. I would never ask that of my daughter. I'm glad to have you in my life. I wish I got to spend more time with you this year. But, I'm used to flying across the world and working my butt off for a movie."

I smile. "We all have jobs. I want to tell you something."

Mum wipes away her tears. "What do you want to tell me?"

"I'm a part of a Special Group. They're called LA's Angels."

Mum laughs. "How did you get recruited into their group?"

I shake my head. "I have no idea. They told me I was great on computer. They also have another girl that's as good as me."

Mum kisses the top of my head. "Nobody can be better than my baby. We should head downstairs to The Lambert Family Thanksgiving."

I rise and help Mum off the ground. We walk out of my room hand in hand.

As we head downstairs I can hear my family talking in the dining room. I stop by the door and I listen to them talk.

I wish I grew up with this.

Mum enters the room and then she turns to me. "Are you coming in?"

I take a deep breath and enter the dining room.

Dad is sitting at the head of the table. He clears his throat once Mum and I are seated. He stands and looks at everyone at the table. "Welcome to this year's Lambert Thanksgiving." He looks around the room and looks at Landon, Dimitri and I. I want to welcome the three new guests to our family. To the new comers, every year we go around the table and tell everyone what we are thankful for. I'll start and Mariana will finish." He looks around the table. "I'm thankful for family. You all fulfil my life and I love you all." He sits down.

Robbie rises and his eyes land on me. "I'm thankful that my twin found her way back home. I've missed you for so long."

I rise and move over to him. I hug him and he wraps his arms around me. "I'm not going anywhere, Robbie. I promise you that." I let go of him and take my seat.

My brother's rise and tell the table what they are thankful and before I know it; it's Landon's turn.

Landon rises and he looks directly at me. "I'm thankful that Mikayla signed an agreement at the beginning of the year to be my wife."

Mum and Dad look at him and they start to yell.

I whistle. "Mum and Dad. I did all this before I found you. I know you're disappointed in me. But, when he came back into my life I was living in a run-down motel on the bad side of town. He took me out of that place and gave me a roof over my head."

They start to settle down. "I'm sorry."

Landon looks at the table. "I'm done." He takes a seat.

I rise. "I have a list of things to be Thankful for this year. I want to begin with the person that had the most influence in my life. To Grandmother for putting up with Landon and I over the year. She helped me locate my birth parents and she never gave up on looking for my daughter."

The table lift their glasses and say in unison. "To Grandmother."

I take a sip of the wine. "I'm thankful to Landon for finding me at the beginning of the year. My year could have gone differently if it were for you. Robbie, I'm proud to be your other half and I want to spend more time with you over the coming years. To Mum and Dad thank you accepting me for the woman I am and not the one you wish I was. To my little sister thank you for warming up to me and giving me a chance to prove I'm not a bad person." I take a seat.

Sasha and Dimitri go next.

When it's Mum's turn she rises and looks directly at me. "I'm thankful that my eldest daughter has returned home. Now, I can be my old self." She turns to Sasha. "I want to apologise to my youngest daughter for being a terrible mother while your sister was gone. You looked like her when you were younger and I just missed my daughter. It was hard for me to function. To my family, will you all forgive me for being an awful person?"

My brothers and sister rise and they move over to Mum. They hug her.

Dad carves the turkey and we put food on our plates.

I look around the table and smile.

This is the way a true family should be. I'm thankful to be a part of a real family now.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️