The Accident

Banner by @ElizabethDanger thank you for the beautiful banner ;-)

Landon pulls the car into Grandmother's driveway. He parks the car in front of the garage. He helps me to the house.

I open the door and trip over the metal piece on the door.

Landon catches me and pulls me against him. He looks at the stairs and he lifts me into his arms. He carries me up the stairs.

In my bedroom he places me on the bed. He walks into the bathroom and fills a glass with water and he pulls out two pills. He brings them to the room and places them on the bedside table.

I pull off my dress and stand in front of Landon naked. I pull the bra straps down my arms and then unhook the back. I drop the bra on the ground and climb into bed.

Landon moves towards me and he kisses my forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow at work. Be at the office by ten." He leaves the room.

I close my eyes and let sleep take me away.

***

The next morning the alarm wakes me up at 7.45. I hit the snooze button and mumble. "Five more minutes.

The alarm goes off for the second time and I hit the off button. I pull myself to a sitting position and rub my eyes.

My feet ae tangled in the sheets. While I try to untangle the sheets I fall out of bed and land hard on my stomach.

I have problems breathing from having the wind knocked out of me.

Grandmother enters the room. "Are you alright, Mikayla? I heard a thump in here." She moves the sheets off my feet. "Take deep breaths."

I turn onto my back and take deep breaths like Grandmother suggested.

She looks at me. "You should stay home today."

I shake my head. "Landon, needs me to attend an important meeting today. I just think he wants to show me how he can handle the board."

Grandmother laughs. "That's sounds like my Grandson." She helps me off the floor. "The car will be here in an hour. Have a quick shower and I'll have breakfast on the counter when you're done."

I hug her. "Thank you, Grandmother." I walk to the bathroom and close the door. I strip out of my clothes.

I step into the shower and the water cascades over my body. I tilt my head back. I turn to the rack and pick up the face wash. I squirt a small amount onto my hand and wash my face. I wash the stuff off and then wash my body.

After the shower I turn off the tap and grab a towel. I wrap it around my body and make my way to the bedroom.

Landon is sitting on my bed with a magazine in his hand.

I scream.

Landon runs over and covers my mouth. "Shh, I don't want Grandmother to know I'm here."

Grandmother knocks on the door. "Are you alright?"

"Ah, yeah, Grandmother. I thought I saw a rat."

I know lame excuse. But, that's all I could think of on the spot.

Landon covers his mouth.

I see his body move from his laughter.

"I'll call the exterminator. They'll take care of it."

Too bad I need one to get rid of a human.

I hear Grandmother move away from the door.

Landon looks at me. "You just called me a rat."