Human Lizard and Doggy Paddle

I heard a growl from behind me....

I turned around to be face-to-face with Derek.

"Hey Der." I said, swallowing hard, he seems more pissed than usual.

"Hey Der? That's all you have to say?" He asked, trying to keep his cool.

"Wh-What'd you mean?" I asked, acting as normal as possible, but, I already knew he was pissed.

"Scott!" Derek yelled at him, and Scott appeared beside me.

"Why did you let that little mut have anything to do with her?"

"It's not a big deal-" I started.

He cut me off, and said, "I just want to keep you safe, alright?" Derek breathed in a breath. "I know That twin broke your heart, can't let that happen again."

"Derek, I'm keeping her safe." Scott said.

"Derek just left the field, and I sat an watched the boys play the lacrosse, not in the mood after being reminded of my past relationship.

Later

I walked through the front door, and up the stairs to my room. I change into the most comfortable Nike running pants, a grey sports bra, and a Pink Floyd cut off. I slipped on my Nike Running shoes(I really love Nike exercise clothes ok?) and headed out the door into the fresh air.

My feet hit the floor of the woods, and I ran a good mile into the woods before running at my full speed, which was something around 120 miles an hour.

After about an hour, I realised I was somewhere behind the lacrosse field. Thinking nothing of it, I turned to run back to Derek's house, but, I heard something that stopped me.

It sounded like Derek and Stiles voices, and Derek sounded as annoyed as usual. I laughed to myself before I actually heard what they where talking about.

"I can't move." Derek said. "You think I couldn't tell?" Stiles asked. "Don't let go, or I swear when I can move, I will kill you." Derek yelled. "You see, when you can't move, that's not really a scary threat." Stiles responded.

I started running to the pool, I mean they were talking about drowning, so where else would they be?

I walked into the pool room, and saw Stiles trying his best to hold Derek up in the water.

"Stiles, what the hell is going on?" I asked, slightly confused. "Evie, get in the pool right now." Derek said, only his head being able to move.

Then I heard the hissing coming from behind me. "What is that?" I asked. "Just get in the pool." Stiles said to me. I continued to ignore them, and tried to discover where the hissing noise was coming from.

Seeing nothing, I turned back to the guys. "Stiles, brig Derek over here, so we can get him out of the pool." I said. "No, Evie, seriously get in the pool." Derek said.

That's where my senses kicked in, and I realised that a serpent-like tail was headed for the back of my neck.

I jumped in the pool and swam to the center where the boys were.

"Why didn't you tell me there was a Canima?" I asked Derek, slightly convinced that there was quite a bit he wasn't telling me.

"I thought I could handle it." He said. "Apparently not." I growled.

"I hate to interrupt the catching-up, but, I need a little help." Even in the situation, Stiles still managed to find some humor.

"Yeah, of course, sorry." I said. "You know, you should've just let him drown, so I didn't have the chance to kill him from not letting me do my job."

"I was just trying to-" Derek started, but, I interrupted him. "The Canima is gone, can you help me get this idiot of the pool?" I asked Stiles, ignoring Derek's failed attempts at apologizing.

Once we had gotten Derek out of the pool, which was quite difficult, considering I had to be the one holding up in the water, Scott just randomly showed up.

"Hey Scott, a little late to the monster party, ya know?" I joked with him. "Sorry guys, I couldn't come help." Scott said, looking guilty. "It's fine Scott, let's just get out of here."

At Derek's new hideout later that same night...

Derek caught me up a bit. He apparently had to move houses because some hunters found out where he was living, oh and Scott is sleeping with another hunter. I moved my things to this new place, and sat by the fireplace with a cup of tea.

I felt the presence of someone in the doorway, watching me. "Why are you staring at me?" I asked, with a smirk.

"I-I was staring, per-say..." I smiled,

Isaac.

"It's okay Isaac." He stayed in the doorway, and I could hear his heart beating fast. I looked up to him. He was rest with his chest against the doorway, and his eyes were on the floor. When he noticed I was looking at him, his cheeks turned pink.

"You're blushing, why?" I asked. He blushed even more. "Look at me." I said softly.

He picked his eyes up, and made eye contact with me. His posture was still closed up and shy. He had a childish look on his face. His hands in his pocket, with his chest still against the doorway.

"Why are you blushing?" I asked in the same soft voice. "You make me nervous." He stated, I'm guessing that was the answer to my question.

"Why?" I asked, tilting my head. "You're beautiful." He said, looking at the ground again.

"No I'm not."

He looked up, "Don't say that, you're beautiful." He said.

I smiled, "Come sit by me?" I asked.

He smiled, and came to sit by me.

We started talking, and surprisingly had a lit in common.

After about an hour, he slipped his hand in mine, and squeezed lightly.

I started blushing, and looked at the fire while we talked.

We talked until we fell asleep.

A/N. Kinda a filler, I've been really busy with Freshman year of high school. Love anyone who reads this.