Moving

+Evie's POV+

     I stepped off the plane from New Jersey, and quickly found my luggage.  California, my new home, would suit me well.  I was an Alpha, well, not just any Alpha.  I was the Alpha, Alpha above all others.  As a 15 year old girl, can you imagine?  No, I don't want simpathy, I just want a normal life.  A life where I can be a regular teenager, and not worry about all of this werewolf drama until I was 18, and would have to handle all of it.  Every werewolf, at every part of the world, was my responsibility.  And, yes, it was very difficult.  

     In Beacon Hills, that's where I was going, but, I had met Peter a while back, and I am sure he would have notified me if the small town needed help.  He was a kind man, somewhat of a father figure to me.  I have a perfect memory, and I remember meeting Derek, his nephew.  There house had been burnt down by some hunters, and I had come to help with that, but, the Hunters were gone, and Peter had assured me that he would find them.  I listened to him, as he was a very respected werewolf, and I trusted him. 

     Little did I know that trust was a funny thing to play with, much like the fire that Argent girl had.

       +Derek's POV+  

     Evie told me she was visiting, and asked if she could stay with me.  Normally, this would be a very high honor and all that shit.  But, at the moment, I needed to fix this town without her help.  She was stressed enough as it is, I did keep in contact with her, as she was like my little sister.  But, I needed to work out these problems by myself.  The Canima is still killing people, and I need to handle it.

     I picked her up in the Airport, I hadn't seen her in three years, when I came to visit her and her Mother at their home in New Jersey.  She needed to help train me.  Her red-blond hair had gotten longer, and she had grown quite a few inches.  Her brown eyes, that were secretly a bright mint color when she was in her Wolf form, had gotten lighter.  

     "Hey,"  I said with a smile, I hadn't smiled in a long time.  "DEREK!"  She yelled at me, I laughed at how none of this had changed her.  She ran up to me and gave me a hug.  "I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN FOREVER!"  I laughed again as she basically yelled in my ears.  "Um, remember the dog  hearing, IT STILL HURTS!"  I yelled back in her ear. "Point Taken."  She whispered.  

     I grabbed her luggage, and she gave me a look.  "Really Derek, have you forgotten that I can handle heavy things."  She asked, like anyone could forget, that she could kill them, by just looking at them.  "I am just being polite!"  I said, She accepted.  We jumped in my car, and drove to my house.  

     "Any new wolves?"  She questioned, after all, she was suppossed to be aware of all werewolves in the world.  "Yeah, there are five new ones, they go to school with you."  I answered, ecpecting what was to come.  "DAMNIT DEREK!"  She yelled in her Alpha growl.  I flinched, as I pulled into the burnt down house's driveway.  "YOU WERE SUPPOSSED TO TELL ME WHEN YOU TURNED ANYONE ELSE!!"  She took a breath, and said in her normal voice, "Was it you or Peter that bit them?"  "Peter bit one, but,"  I took a deep breath, "He is dead now."  

        +Evie's POV+

    "That's awful, why wasn't I informed?"  I asked Derek, sudenly understanding that this was going to be me sorting out something awful in the town, instead of peaceful living.  "I didn't want you to be distracted from your duties."  Derek said, but, I could tell that there was more, I would leave it for now.  

     "Let's get my stuff set, since I will have to start school...in the middle of sophmore year...after leaving my mom in New Jersey...I want to guess who the wolves are, I always find it so entertaining to do that."  I said, and then Derek brought my suitcases up to a room in his house, which I still loved, no matter what shape it was in.  I had an upstairs room, and suprisingly there was one bathroom that worked.  "Goodnight Derek!"  I called from the bed I was sleeping in.  "Goodnight!"  He called from the other room.  

     Tomorrow was going to be an interesting day.