Chapter 12: The Black Brothers

Julie stood flabbergasted near the bookshelves. If they were talking about Padfoot, what would that mean? If they said good side, what would that mean? Julie had no clue, and she decided to confront Padfoot. She returned to where the others were sitting, debating on some kind of prank, and Julie dropped her book on Transfiguration on the table. "Padfoot." She said breathlessly.

"Yes, Capesby Nr. 2?" He said in a mocking voice.

"I just heard two guys from Slytherin, I think, talk about you. They said something about getting people for someone and they mentioned some 'good side'. I don't know what it was about, though."

Sirius' colour drained from his face. "Did they say just my name? Or my surname?" He asked.

"Black. They said 'Black'." Julie answered. Padfoot nodded slowly.

He sighed. "It's probably my brother. He's just being himself I think. Don't worry about it." He said, as he turned to Olive. "Have you got any idea of how to catch Oli?" he asked, and Julie sat down next to Remus.

"Well," Olive said, "We could obviously just follow him around. But we don't know where he might go, so-" she said, when her eyes fell on the huge clock that hung on the library walls. "Oh, I have to go!" she said, as she got up. "I'll - err, I'll see you guys later!" she exclaimed, and she ran off, her books in her arms.

"That was weird." Prongs said, as he scribbled something on a piece of parchment. "Say, Wormtail, do you know what this means?" he asked, as he shoved the piece of paper to him.

Peter shook his head. "Ask Remus!" he squeaked, and the piece of paper was handed to Remus. Julie could only just look over his shoulder to see what it said.

Arcanus vestigium

"What's that for?" Julie asked, and Remus shrugged.

He folded the paper. "It's for Olive. We're making her something. Don't tell her, though, it's a secret." He said, and he handed the paper back to Padfoot. "It's not useful." He said, and Padfoot sighed.

Julie decided she didn't want to know exactly and opened her Transfiguration book to work on something when she realized she needed a different book so she got up again to browse the books and looked through the cases to check if the guys were still there but they weren't. While Julie was browsing around someone tapped her on the shoulder. She jumped slightly, and spun around to see Padfoot in front of her. "Padfoot." She said.

Padfoot nodded slowly. "You said you'd overheard people talking about a 'Black'. Can you remember what they said?" He asked.

Julie nodded, "A bit." She said, "They were talking about how someone trusted one of them more and how they would have to gather more people and then they said 'Black would be a good one' because he's on the 'good side'. I don't know what the rest was though." She said, and Sirius reached for her hand and squeezed it.

"Don't panic so much. You're okay. Have you had any more weird dreams or visions?" He asked, and Julie shook her head. "Okay, good. Good. Now I have to get back to my friends, but you have to hang in there, okay?" He said, and Julie nodded. Padfoot let go of her hand and for a moment Julie wished it back, then told her thoughts off for that.

She took her Transfiguration book from the shelves and walked back to where the boys were sitting, then decided she wasn't going to do her work if she sat with them, so she took her books and walked to a different table amidst two really big and full bookshelves. She started working on her essay and hummed a little tune while doing so.

After a while she had to go again because they had to go to class, their last class of the day. It was about as boring as the previous classes, and Julie was doodling on her parchment. After class, they'd be going up to Gryffindor tower and Julie would have tea with Lily, while talking about nothing in particular.