The Humming

Soft breathes tickled his skin. Strong. Warm. Close.

He shuddered pleasantly and fluttered his eyes open, shifting in his sleep. He couldn't move much, the firm arms holding him tightened possessively around him.

A lazy, content smile made its way to Eli's lips as he cuddled closer to the body next to him before looking at a dozing Corbin, taking in how peaceful he looked while he slept. He raised his hand and touched his face, letting his fingers move across his smooth skin. Corbin didn't as much as stir, kept on snoozing softly, so Eli decided to let him sleep a bit longer before slipping out of the bed and heading towards his bathroom.

Steam gradually fogged the bathroom when he turned the shower on, testing the temperature before stepping under the water. A sigh slipped past his lips when the hot stream touched his skin, wearing off last night's effects. His limbs were sore, his back hurt a little, and he slightly limped when he walked, feeling a little weak in the knees, but none of that really bothered him, because this morning was the first in ten years that he'd woken up with a smile on his face, feeling truly happy.

He turned the shower off a few minutes later and wrapped a towel around himself, already shivering, February mornings were always exceptionally cold in Blackwell. Corbin was still asleep, and remained that way until Eli was finally dressed and sitting next to him on the bed, staring down at him. The dark haired boy was deep in his slumber, perfectly still save the recurrent, steady rise and fall of his chest as he breathed.

Soon enough, a frown was replacing Eli's blissful expression.

Change is inevitable.

He preferred not to think about it, but it would have made its way into his mind eventually, these thoughts always found him. He could notice the differences in Corbin already, last night he seemed haggard, pallid and desperate, but now, his features were restful, nowhere near as pale as yesterday, and he seemed to have gained more than his previous figure back, toned altogether. He was gorgeous.

But he'd always been that way, his looks weren't that big of a twist, the question here was whether Corbin himself would change or not. If his personality was to alter, if his way of treating others - him - will be different from then on, if he was strong enough to handle the pressure this newly gained strength might burden him with.

Eli sighed heavily, unable to chase his bleak thoughts away. Perhaps he was over thinking again, maybe he shouldn't worry so much, just loosen up a bit, and maybe if he was a little more optimistic, then things could start looking up for the both of them.

He should be. He shouldn't doubt Corbin, because he already knew . . .

I would never hurt you.

A heavy feeling settled in his chest as he willed the memory away, now was not the time. Corbin won't hurt him, he'll slip, but he won't cause damage, he'll stop before even coming close, he was sure. Eli leaned down, planting a kiss to Corbin's temple before getting up and leaving the room, heading downstairs to get some breakfast. Although he wasn't going over the same matter anymore, his frown still hadn't faded off, and continued to stay there as he proceeded to make some omelet.

The feel of forgetting something. What was he missing?

'Morning!' He jumped at his aunt's abrupt, loud greeting as she strode into the kitchen, making him nearly drop the plate in his hand. 'Morning.' He said as she peered into the fridge. 'Thought you were at your boyfriend's.'

'I was.' She replied, closing the fridge, vodka bottle in hand. 'I came back last night, I don't think things are going to work out between us.'

Eli glanced towards his aunt, moves slowing, his frown starting to come back on. 'Why? I thought you said you really liked each other.'