Slow, Love, Slow

Their feet absentmindedly dodged rocks and small branches as they strode unhurriedly behind Victoria, now partially dry with their heads slightly dropped as the woman scolded them for being so reckless as to make out in a place they knew overflowed with danger.

Corbin didn't know what was going on in Eli's mind, though he wished he did, because there was really no shame from his side for being caught the way they had, but whenever he glanced his way, he'd almost been certain there was a smile that was just about ready to adorn his face even though Victoria still rebuked them.

"The Gods had their eyes over you it seems, careless children! Have you not the slightest clue what could have happened if anything lurking over this forest's grounds found its way to you?" She carried on. "Goodness, others rather the comforts of their homes and yet here you are, humping each other in the middle of mayhem!" She scoffed, then huffed, then shook her head. "All my lifetime's hard earned wisdom I've given you and still you do this, Eli, you knew better."

He rolled his eyes. Maybe they did drop their guard when they shouldn't have, but she didn't have to make such a big deal out of it, they were fine, nothing happened to them, and he distinctively remembered Eli telling him that the place was secured by a barrier that kept all harmful things away, so what was all the ruckus about?

He felt Luna push him ahead, which meant that he might've been slacking, his steps too slow for the wolf's pace as she fell a little behind to watch their backs while they sauntered through the woods.

He sulked. They'd been walking for a while now and his bare feet stung, he could barely feel them anymore let alone walk on them, what's worse, Victoria never gave them a break.

"Have consideration for others, will you not? How do you think your families would feel if anything, Gods forbid, happened to you? How do you think I would feel if you got hurt knowing you were under my protection?"

Corbin heard Eli sigh beside him as they kept on strolling Victoria's trail and glimpsed his way. He had his sight glued to his Godmother's back, the faintest trace of guilt overcoming his beautiful eyes and Corbin followed his gaze, watching as her long, silken pallor hair moved behind her, the sickle's thin silver chain garnishing her black dress moving each time she motioned with her hands in indication to her frustration while she scolded them.

He took a deep breath, trying not to get exasperated, he wasn't bothered by the fact that she was mad at them for being rash, but her rant was starting to tick him off, he wasn't a patient person, he'd crack easily if given the chance and she was all open ways for him to snap.

"Okay, I think we got it." He finally said, his evidently irritated tone halting her immediately. She turned around and glared at him, one of her brows arched cynically. He figured she'd be gnashing her teeth as he took her for someone who didn't like being interrupted in such a way when they were clearly the ones at fault, but all she gave him was a sneer that turned seconds later into a genuine smile while she calmly approached him.

"I think not." She stated. "You believe your safety is guaranteed for the reason only being a barrier securing you and a mystical being watching over you?" She shook her head faintly. "Laufeia is much stronger, that shield would have been broken down effortlessly had she known where it lay," she extended her hand and patted the wolf's fur, "and as much as I admire Luna's strength, she still might not have been enough to defend you."

"You're here." He stated bluntly. "You can protect us, you fought the demon last time, it didn't hurt you." That was only a mere guess, she did appear as well as she did when he first met her, after all.

"I didn't vanquish the demon." She pointed out.

"But you didn't lose."

"I did not win either." She argued with him, her dark brows coming together as she eyed him again. "You don't seem to be taking the matter as gravely as you did the other night, have you forgotten the reason behind your father's hospitalization? Why my Godson's family no longer lives?" She suddenly gripped his bandaged arm and lifted it. "What gave you this scar?" She released him. "I am strong, and I can keep chasing her off those woods' boarders for as long as I like but it won't be long before she figures her way around me, she is not moronic."