Chapter 6

-Chapter 6-

Oliver gained a confused look, why was the bell ringing? Enrique never rang the door bell, he always just walked in.

Still confused, he walked to the door and opened it for the boy, giving the nicely, but not fancy dressed blonde the look that was spread across his face. "Oliver told me that you never knock," he said bluntly before Enrique could ask about the look.

Enrique smiled brightly at him, "Well, I mean it is proper date etiquette to knock before entering, is it not?"

Oliver shrugged in reply, "I suppose so," he mumbled, he had never been on a date before, he had no clue what proper date etiquette was.

Which now made him wish he had asked Caressa for some kind of advice.

"Well, shall we?" Enrique opened the door the rest of the way for the boy.

Oliver nodded, a nervous smile fitted his lips and he tried to calm the butterflies causing a storm in his stomach. When he heard the door shut again, he coughed lightly, "So, where are we going?" He questioned.

Enrique led the girl dressed boy to the limo that was parked out front, "It's a secret," he said cheerfully, opening the door for her.

Oliver hummed lightly in reply and slid into the limo, "Thanks," he mumbled and was followed by Enrique, who flashed a blinding smile at him.

He had been smiling like that a lot, Oliver realized. His smiles just didn't seem they like they were real, like they were forced. It unnerved the poor boy to no end. It felt like Enrique knew about him being Amorette, but there was no was he could know!

...Right?

Oliver shifted in his seat, he gulped and twisted his hands together in his lap.

"Hey, are you okay?" Enrique questioned the boy, frowning slightly.

Oliver nodded in answer, "Just a little nervous," he gulped.

Enrique chuckled, "Why are you nervous? I mean, I'm sure you've had tons of a dates before, am I right?"

Oliver shook his head, "No, I haven't, I haven't even been kissed," it slipped out of his mouth before he could stop it, and he hand flew to his mouth, his eyes widened.

He hadn't meant to say that, but he couldn't stop it. He, as in Oliver, would have told Enrique that without a second thought too, since they were best friends, but would a girl admit to something like that on her first date ever?

He felt his heartbeat quicken and he wished that he had a phone or something with him so he could call Caressa, but of course that was too much to ask for.

Before Enrique could say anything, the car pulled to a stop and Oliver sighed in relief. Maybe a crowded place would calm his nerves. He opened the door and slid out as quickly as possible only to have his stomach drop again when he took in his surroundings.

Not a crowded place.

Not at all.

In fact, since the limo had just been drove away the only people in clearing surrounded by trees were him and Enrique, which made him all the more nervous. He could have done this if it were just him as himself and Enrique, but...

He couldn't as Amorette. Not with such a big secret.

"My lady," Enrique's voice broke him out his thoughts and he gestured to a picnic basket and blanket, making Oliver let out a choke of laughter. Enrique smiled lightly at him and led him toward the blanket and took a seat on it.

Oliver followed his lead and Enrique took out two plates from the basket. He then took out a box, opened it, and ended up placing a chocolatine on both plates, making Oliver's mouth drop.

"You didn't make this," he said accusingly.

Enrique blushed lightly, making Oliver quirk a smile, that was a rare sight.

"Is that obvious?" he questioned.

"Well," Oliver drawled, "Oliver did tell me about how you can't cook to save a life so," he nodded his head, as if pondering it, "Yea, it is."

Enrique laughed loudly, "Of course that's it!" He picked up his chocolatine and took a bite of it, grinning, "Try it."

Oliver nodded and took a bite of his own and hummed in appreciation, "It's good, but I could do better."

"You cook?"

Oliver froze, his eyes widened.

Oops.

"I- yea," he nodded, "I'm not as good as Oliver, but I'm pretty good, I mean, I guess it runs in the family," he stumbled over his words.

Enrique laughed, "It makes sense!"

Oliver gave him a forced smile and set the chocolatine down, frowning. His appetite was gone.

"So why did you suddenly want to come visit Oliver?" Enrique questioned the boy after a few moments of silence that had seemed to drag out.

Oliver nearly jumped out of skin, "I- it was because, um, well, my mom and his dad don't get alone," he said, repeating the story he had rehearsed with Caressa. "and I didn't even know Oliver existed until I saw Oliver beyblade on TV. My friends were joking about how I had a long lost twin brother, and I told my parents about Oliver Polanski, they got really shocked and I knew something was up," Oliver fiddled with the blanket, "so I demanded to know and they told me he was my cousin. I contacted him and we ended up getting along so this summer he offered to let me come and visit."

"Why don't they get along?"

Oliver sighed lightly, he was hoping the subject was going to get changed. "Something about my mom dating someone she shouldn't and it caused a huge fight and I don't really know all the details to it," he frowned lightly.

Enrique hummed.

"Okay," Oliver quickly changed the subject, "Tell me about your other team members, their names are... Johnny and R-Robert right?" he questioned, "any funnny stories that Oliver didn't tell me?"

Enrique's eyes lit up and he lunged into a story, "Well, there was this one time we were in the lizard section of a zoo, and Johnny..."

And that's what said it off. Soon, both boys found themselves engrossed in conversation, laughing every could of a seconds at a new story or something the other said. Oliver felt his worries and nervousness just slip away. He, in a way, took Caressa's advice and pretended it was him there, not Amorette.

Oliver took a few deep breaths to try and stop laughing, and shot a bright smile at Enrique. Enrique smiled back and leaned forward, lightly cupping Oliver's face in his hand and leaned forward. Oliver felt his heart beat quicken and he froze on spot.

Enrique just kept coming closer, but what he said made Oliver pale.

"Ollie..."

Oliver's heart sank and he felt tears roll down his cheeks, Enrique didn't even seem to notice what he did. Oliver wretched himself from the boy's grip, gained a shocked look.

"Hey, what's-"

Oliver cut him off by shaking his head. He turned on his heel and did the first thing he could think of. He ran. The only time he stopped was to take off the obstructing high heels until he got home, where he locked himself in his room and refused to open the door for Caressa who kept banging on it.

He knew.

He knew.

Oliver buried his head in his arms and let out a chocked sob. Oh god, he knew, and now their friendship was done and over with and Enrique probably hated him and was just playing with his feelings.

How long had he known?

Since the beginning?

Or had had he just found out that night

I'm sorry...

-End Chapter 6-