Chapter 3

-Start Chapter 3-

"Am I able to swim?" Oliver mused, looking down at the water and tugging the towel tighter around himself.

"Probably not." Caressa kicked her legs in the water. "It could be a set up for a typical, girl drowns, guy saves her, love blooms type of a story."

"You didn't change a bit." Oliver sighed and sat next to her. "In fact, I think you got worse."

"I suppose, but you seemed so sad when I came back, and I wanted to do something about it. Mine as well utilize what I'm best at, right?" she smiled at him.

"Oh, you mean humiliating me?" Oliver snorted.

Caressa stuck her tongue out and lightly nudged him.

"Hey! Caressa! Amorette!"

The two turned and watched as Enrique came out in yellow swim trunks and... two girls on his arms.

Oliver's stomach sank.

Of course.

Of course he would bring girls with him, and it seemed two different ones than yesterday. Oliver turned his head back to the water and folded his hands on his lap.

"I hope you don't mind, but I brought some friends. This is Clara and Monica."

"Hi." One of the giggles.

"You know you really should look at Enrique-poo when he's talking to you."

Caressa glared at the two. "Ah, that's not up to us, that's up to Oliver."

"Although," Oliver turned around quickly. "he probably won't mind since he's not here, he had some business to attend to and won't be able to make it!"

Enrique frowned.

Oliver bit his lip and stood up, standing in front of the two girls. "My name is Amorette Dupont, Oliver Polanski's cousin, pleased to meet you."

The two girls regarded her quietly.

"Okay!" Caressa stood up and clapped her hands. "How about we get in the water?" She shot a look at Oliver.

Oliver sighed and as everyone else went to the water, he backed away and sat on a chair under the shade.

"Hey, aren't you getting in the water?" Oliver looked up, shielded his eyes and saw Enrique standing over him.

He shook his head in answer.

"Why not?"

Oliver bit the inside of his cheek, was he supposed to tell Enrique? This was confusing, he didn't know what parts of Amorette's life he was supposed to tell and which parts he was supposed to keep quite about until asked directly about it.

"Ah- I just-" he was cut off by Caressa.

"Amorette! Just because you can't swim doesn't mean you can hang out by yourself like a loner!" Caressa called to her.

Oliver opened his mouth to retort, but was cut off by Enrique, who stared down at him, "You can't swim?"

"Apparently not," Oliver muttered under his breath.

"What?"

"Nothing!" Oliver said quickly, giving him an innocent smile.

"If you say so," Enrique shrugged and looked over his shoulder to see the two girls he had brought wave over to him, "come on," he grabbed onto Oliver's wrist, pulled him up, and started to drag him towards the pool.

"A-Ah!" Oliver shouted. "I-I don't think this is such a great idea," he gulped.

"Nonsense! You won't drown, if that's what your worried about, you can hang on to me!" Enrique winked at the green haired boy, causing him to blush brightly and before he knew what was happening, he was being picked up and felt water surround him. There were arms wrapped around his waste and he clung on to Enrique.

"I-I don't like this," Oliver mumbled, wanting to get away from the boy and out of the water and back to the comfort of the shade.

He wished the Caressa hadn't made him wear a bathing suit.

Or put on makeup.

Caressa swam over to them, smiling brightly, "Hello you two, having fun," Oliver looked away and Enrique smiled at her, "Good, as long as you're having more fun than those two," she jerked her thumb into the direction of Clara and Monica, who were gathering at the edge of the pool and scowling.

"Oops," Enrique laughed, "I was the one who invited them, I should tend to them."

Caressa shook her head, water flew everywhere, "No, no! I will! Stay there! Have fun!" she winked.

"Okay...?"

Caressa winked again and swam over to the edge, to the two girls. She said something that neither Oliver or Enrique could make out. Their face's turned red and they stomped off, Caressa threw her head back and the laughed loudly.

"W-What did she say?" Enrique stared.

Oliver shook his head, "I don't even want to know," she said bluntly and the girl swam back over to her.

"That was so much fun," she breathed out, "They were so easy to anger! Wanna know what I told them?" she smiled widely.

"No," Oliver butted in before Enrique could ask, "please, just no."

Caressa shrugged, "Your loss," she started swimming back to the edge, "How about we get out and go get something to eat?" She laughed, "And then be daredevils and get back in the water before two hours are up!"

Oliver rolled his eyes and almost went to go swim over to her, until he remembered that he couldn't swim. He sighed sadly and looked up at Enrique, "Can you swim us over to her? I think it is a good idea to go and something to eat," he mumbled.

"Sure, Amorette," he smiled down at him and Oliver felt his face heat up again as he made his way over to the edge.

As soon as they reached it, Oliver climbed out and nearly ran inside, his heart raced and he tried to calm it. Why did he feel like that? He leaned against a wall and shot a shaky smile to a confused Enrique and Caressa.

"You okay?" Enrique walked up to her.

"Y-yea," he huffed out, "I-I'm fine, just, I don't like the water," she said hastily.

Enrique gained a guilty look, "And I'm the one that made you get in it," he crossed his arms over his chest.

Oliver shook his head, "It's okay though, if you hadn't, Caressa would have," he sighed heavily.

"If you're sure," he placed a hand on his shoulder, "Maybe you should sit down? I'll go to the kitchen and get you some crackers or something, you're new to the place right?" he didn't wait for confirmation, "I know this place like the back of my hand, no use in having someone who looks ready to throw up go looking for it," he walked deeper into the house.

Oliver's felt his breathing get heavier and Caressa nudged him lightly, he shook his head. He shouldn't be feeling like that. He only wanted to hang around Enrique again, but now...

He was feeling something different than friendship.

-End Chapter 3-