The Bench

"Alright, you can put them there" Taylor pointed towards a corner on the left side of the board "Thanks for the help",

"No problem" I said and turned.

Before i knew it, my eyes started to scan the whole classroom, for him. No one was in the class. He was no where.

Taylor looked around the class, trying to figure out what i was staring at. 

"Looking for someone?" He asked. Looking confused.

"Ah, no." I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Ya sure?" 

"Yeah" I turned around and started to walk out of the class.

I shook my head.

"Sheesh, stop thinking about him, Lauren"

****

"Pink would be better, don't you think Lauren" Christina asked my opinion on which cloth to use for the table.

"I'm okay with any colour" I replied, even though i liked the blue one better.

"Alright, we'll use the blue ones then" Christina said, smiling "You know, we've been friends for over 6 years now, i think i'll know when you're lying" 

I smiled.

It started getting dark outside. I could tell since i could see shadows taking over every table in the room. I turned towards the window. It was gonna rain.

"I should probably get all the stuff inside before it rains." I said , getting up.

"Yeah. I'll help too."

"Nah, i'll be fine alone."

" 'Kay".

I started to walk down the hallway as fast as i could. I went down the stairs and reached the school entrance. There wasn't much to pick up and bring inside, probably because others might have already done what i came here to do. 

I turned back and started to walk back inside but, i saw someone on the bech from the corner of my eye.

"I think, you should go inside, it's probably gonna rain" I said to the stranger.

His back was towards me. 

'I think he didnt notice" I thought.

"Hey" i said, poking his shoulder.

No reaction.

I got worried. I walked towards his front. 

It was David. AND, he was sleeping. I looked at him closely.

"He looks like a baby while sleeping" I giggled.

I extended my hands towards his face. I didn't know what i was doing. My hand was moving on its own. I started to stroke his blonde hair, away from his eyes.

But then, suddenly, he woke up and grabbed my hand. I got scared since he was so fast. 

He had this look in his eyes. I couldn't tell if it was fear or anger. I coundn't get my eys off his.

I stood there still. Our eyes focused on each other. 

He was still holding my hand. My heart was beating so loudly, i couldn't even hear myself think. 

"I'm pretty sure he can feel my heart beat beating so fast" I thought to myself.

My cheeks started to turn red. 

He got up.

His hand still holding mine.

He started to walk closer to me.

My heart beat increasing.

Closer, closer.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for all the i's I forgot to capitalize or any other grammar mistake.