Declan's Proposal

Declan's Proposal

"I cannot believe someone stole my laptop," I said and flopped onto our bed face down. Hopefully I would suffocate and die in the process, because living a life without a laptop was no life at all.

"It's okay, it'll probably turn up soon," Declan said and sat on the bed.

I picked my head up and looked at him, in total and complete shock. It'll turn up soon? Last time I checked, when something was stolen and you didn't live in a children's mystery novel, it was stolen for good. Ugh. This sucks.

"How am I supposed to survive without the Internet, plus I'm pretty sure someone hacked into my youtube account," I said and groaned, putting my head back into my pillows. This was just not my week, and it was only Monday. 

"It'll be fine, I promise," Declan said again and began rubbing circles onto my back. "I'll make a deal with you. If you can go without the Internet until Thursday, I'll give you a prize."

I looked up again. I do love prizes. "Okay," I said. 

He smiled, and it never failed to amaze me how beautiful if looked. "No Internet at all, Reese," he said. "I'll be watching you."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah," I said.

"Okay, now I gotta go, I'll see you in a couple of hours?" He said.

I nodded and gave him a peck on the lips then watched him leave. I then sat up and looked around the room and sighed. Despite my previous statements, this should be a piece of cake. No Internet for a couple of days? How hard could it be?

Okay, I change my my mind it's hard. I stood up and walked around the room, then out the room and downstairs. "What to do, what to do," I mumbled to myself. In the living room, I noticed my bookshelf. A shelf filled with books that I had bought (or maybe stolen from the library), that I had never read. There were so many.

Well. Why not.

*

"You are you and we are not Reese," Taylor and I said. I pressed the end button then stood up and took the camera off the tripod. 

"That was great!" Taylor said to me, all smiles, then she glanced at the laptop. "Can't believe we pulled off stealing it though, she always has it."

"I feel like throwing up," I told her.

Her facial expression changed then. "Declan, you need to calm yourself down, it'll be all be fine."

"No," I said, starting to freak out a little. I was overreacting, meaning I was spending too much time with Reese. She had rubbed off on me. "She's gonna crack and go on the internet and find out and it will all be over, she already suspects someone hacked into her account."

Taylor stood up, walked over to me, then slapped me. "You're talking crazy, she will not find out. Now, upload the video."

I nodded and rubbed my cheek, calming down a little. It wasn't that big of a deal (just who I spent the rest of my life with), I could handle it. I sat back down. I did all the necessary work that needed to be done on the video then pressed the upload button.

"This is so exciting," Taylor said, practically jumping up and down with excitement. She looked at me staring at her incredulously and her smile widened even larger. "Omg, what if she says no, haha."