[45] You took my heart, could I please have it back?

.:Recap:.

"Fine, but try and avoid conversation with him as much as possible," I nodded numbly, just as Kyle walked up to us.

"No band practise tonight, James has to go out with his family," he informed me. I slumped my shoulders, relieved. One more day. Then things would finally be alright.

.:Story Start:.

Before going home, I stopped by at Alex's house. Mrs Collins wasn't home but I let myself in, figuring they wouldn't mind. I went upstairs and crept into Alex's bedroom. He was sitting on his bed, clothed, above the covers, texting.

When he stopped typing, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and took it out.

Hey Liz, how was school? x Alex had typed. I grinned.

"School was fine, thanks," I replied. His head snapped up and the moment he saw me he beamed, swung his legs over the side of the bed and tackled me in a hug. I laughed, hugging him back, and he pulled us onto the bed, sitting with me on his lap and his arms around me.

"How're you?" I asked, snuggling into him.

"Better. I'm going back to school tomorrow," He smiled. I sighed in relief.

"Good, because you'll never guess what happened today,"

"What?" he asked, beginning to stroke my hair.

"James called Nicola a bitch and broke up with her. Now I have to forgive him because he stuck up for me,"

Alex froze.

"Why do you have to forgive him? What did he do?" he asked, getting angry. I kissed him softly and ran my hands through his hair, trying to calm him down.

"He told me the reason he had been bipolar all this time,"

Alex smiled sheepishly.

"He told me, too, a while ago. I figured you'd rather hear it from him though, because he's a coward,"

I nodded, understanding. I knew he wouldn't keep something like that from me to hurt me.

"I feel bad because although I hate him for it, who knows what I would have done in his position? I can't say for sure. I have to forgive him."

"Well," Alex reasoned. "At least you two will become friends. Finally. Even if he doesn't deserve it." I smiled and nodded a little. I honestly hoped we would become good friends. It would ease my heart a little if we weren't so distant to each other.

We were silent for a while, just me sitting in his arms, comfortable and warm. I could get used to this, I thought. Well, I already was. Sure, Alex wasn't gorgeously hot but he was good looking, and anyway, his personality was the best I'd ever come across.

Then suddenly, Alex stood. I squeaked in surprised and he chuckled, apologizing, before releasing me and going to his cupboard. He opened it and took out a game and I grinned. Ludo. I hadn't played it in years! I loved that game.

Alex smiled at my excited reaction and sat on the floor. I followed suit, sitting opposite him as he took the board and the counters out. I was red and he was green. I went first, but you needed to throw a five on the dice to start and I threw a three. Alex, the lucky devil, got a five first time.

And so we continued, getting hyped up as our counters neared each other (because they went all the way back to the start if they got taken), laughing, eyes sparkling, and eventually, he won. I playfully accused him of cheating and he poked my tongue out at me. He suddenly reached across and pressed his lips to mine, surprising me with a tingly warm feeling.