[37] You took my heart, could I please have it back?

I'm so sorry it took so long!! I feel terrible for leaving you all like that. I've had writers block for a while, but I hope you like it!

.:Recap:.

I stared at him, shocked. Kyle had just apologized to me.

"Erm," I said after a moment. "I don't think..." I couldn't finish my sentence as guilt washed over me. I was going to say, "I don't think I can accept your apology," but then I thought how mean that sounded. After all, he was being nice to me. "Give me some time," I said quietly. "It'll get better in time,"

Then I walked away to third lesson, feeling oddly elated.

.:Story Start:.

It had been a week since Kyle had apologized to me, and he, Lily, Alex and I had all gone out into town one day. This finally sealed our friendship again, and I felt so happy. Lily seemed to make everything better; she was a sort of lucky charm.

Band practise started again and I suddenly remembered something; what James had said in the library when I got back from the Bakers' house.

"We - that is to say, Landon, Tom, Kyle and I - have started a new song," he said out of the blue. I glanced up at him, not entirely surprised, and smiled.

"Awesome!" I replied cheerfully. I had not forgotten about the band in my few weeks' absence - far from. Every evening I had sat alone in the outhouse, playing my guitar, upping my quality, hopefully. "How far through are you?"

"Not far. We've only done the first verse, and the music to go with it. We're kind of missing the last guitar," he said, smiling at me slightly. I arched an eyebrow.

"You couldn't do it without me?" I asked, a little confused.

"Actually...no. You've got the lead part," he said, his smile now sheepish. I blinked at him a bit, before a frown creased my forehead.

"Me?!" I exclaimed, the tinsel falling limp in my hand. He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I wondered how you would react," he said sheepishly. "I was hoping you wouldn't mind. After all, you're really good,"

I have lead guitar, and I don't even know what the hell I'm playing yet, I reflected in a panic, practising my guitar, hoping I wouldn't mess up. Practise was on Mondays, Thursdays and whenever we could make weekends. Today was Tuesday, and practise started again on Thursday, so I was trying to practise as much as possible.

Homework often got in the way of my hobbies, though. Some nights I would find myself writing an essay at two o'clock in the morning, or trying to find my calculator at midnight. And then when I did try and do my homework on time, I would just be distracted, either by my thoughts or hobbies. Homework was becoming rather stressful.

Thinking about homework was depressing, so I continued playing my guitar, until there was a knock on the front door. Presuming it was Lily or Alex, I let dad answer it, but then when I heard his surprised voice, I frowned.

"Kyle?" he asked, and I heard his affirmative. Then dad gave him directions to my room, and a moment later he entered, looking a bit awkward. He saw me sitting with my guitar on my lap and smiled, coming to sit beside me.

"I remembered where your room was," he said, glancing around it. "It looks the same." I smiled wistfully.

"Yeah, I haven't really got round to redecorating. I don't really care. After all, no one really sees it apart from me, Alex, Lily and my dad," I said with a shrug. Kyle looked at my guitar, then spotted my other one leaning against the wall.